Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I road 32 miles into my morning job at 7:00 am, Weather report said rain by 3:00pm and gone by 5:00pm. No problem left the 1st job went to my 2nd job 40 miles away @ 12:30pm. Then the weather people started changing the reports. Severe thunderstorms by 9:00pm. Okay I leave work @ 10:30pm shouldn't have a problem. I did put my rain suit on before going. Made it 3/4 's of the way home 28 miles and the sky opened up on me. Okay I'm still dry not to worry. Then the quarter sized hail like to beat me to death!! OUCH!!!!! I got into my carport with my shins and hands hurting, set the bike on the peg, turned it off and yelled "WHAT A RIDE!!!" :D
My hands and shins have been sore all day! I rode about 10-12 miles in that stuff.
Total round trip of 125 miles. I'm not gonna trade that experience for nothin' !!!

:D
Aif

·
Custom '07 1500 Classic
1,737 Posts
It hurts so good.... That's what I'm talking about... Bring on the baseball sized hail....

Gotta love motorcycles......

·
jerkybear's Vulcan
418 Posts
Man, that is what Biking is all about!!!! You cannot be a wuss and ride. Well, if your just a weekend, I want everyone to see me around town biker. Glad that you came out okay. Craig

·
Patriot Guardian
28,016 Posts
Been there done that.

Kinda reminds you of what it's like to go duck hunting with Vice Prez Cheney :tongue:

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The bad part about this ride is, it was at night and half way through it some jerk with hi-beams started tailgating me. It was bad enough the windshield and my helmet shield fogged up from the cold but the light whited out eveything in from of me. So I pulled off in the church parking lot to let the dummy pass. Then I noticed I was under a big shade tree next to the church, not a good place to be with lightning going off all around me. :eek:
So I moved out agian (in a hurry).

:D
Aif

·
Cruisin above overcast.
1,020 Posts
Under a tree in a church parking lot in a thunderstorm could get you close to God in a hurry. :mrgreen:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts