Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what's the deal with the 2000 Limited? Just a paint job? And why do people call the VN2000 the Rouge? I'm going to go drool over the 2000's when I take my 1600 in for service (dummy light out) and am (?) thinking about a possible trade in next year :twisted:

ATTN VN 2000 owners- please tell me a little about your bike. Good, bad, and ugly- whadya like about it and any things ya dun like?

Phatboy

·
Registered
570 Posts
I've had my VN2000 since July and have about 3000 miles on it so far. I like cars and bikes with torque and that's what this machine is all about. Even stock, its sound is incredible and my only complaint is that I wish it had a tach. With a 5000rpm rev-limiter, its very easy to bounce up against it in first gear and that feels like crap. I guess I have another complaint in that the speedo is probably 10% optimistic. The bike has a great presence about it and its mass isn't an issue anywhere except in tight, low-speed situations. It even averages between 37 and 43 mpg!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The speedo error is normal and the rev limiter can be avoided by making a mental note of where it kicks in with each gear. Mine kicks in at 45, 75, and 100 for 1st 2nd 3rd on the 1600.

Ok I know it has torque and torque is good. Anything else? Details?

BTW Vette, Viper, and 2000 in the garage?? DAAAAAAAMN! I'm 28, but you can still adopt me :p

Phatboy

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok- I got to sit on the VN2000. It seems to be lower than my 1600. You *really* feel the weight bringing it up from the kickstand. There is a peice of chrome that goes from the top of the headlight over the handlebars with the ignition in front of the handlebars. Looks like it'd be nearly impossible to install handlebar risers w/o cutting holes into this peice. Don't think you'd be able to install a windsheild bag with the ignition there either. The three headlights for lowbeam look like projectors.

Overall impressions- sweet as can be but too heavy for me. :evil:

Phatboy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts