Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my 1981 kz750 is currently running with 3,5 turns out of the air / fuel mixture screw .. previously it was like 2 turns out but once hot I had a hell of a time trying to start it after I ran it for a while ... currently my spark plugs are white when I take them out to inspect them after I turned the screws out to 3.5 turns out ... when I try and turn then screws inward the bike runs like **** so would really appriciate any input to correctly adjusting my carbs before i end up bringing ti to the shop and spending killer bucks

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thorough cleaning comes to mind. The bowls fuel level also determines how rich/lean is. This is easily to check with clear U-tube.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Put a half can of seafoam in the gas and run it through. Or Gumout with PEA, a whole bottle. I've put Gumout for high mileage engines with PEA in my bikes many times and it hasn't damaged the carbs. And check the fuel level like previously recommended. And check for vacuum leaks. Then pull the carbs and clean them if nothing else works.

Reactions: crow0062
1 - 3 of 3 Posts