Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deeppurple52
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased Kuryakyn run-brake-turn modulators for both our 1600 and 800. Since it is illegal to run the amber turn signals as running lights, does anyone now where I can get red replacement lenses for the turn signals? Thanx

·
Registered
16 Posts
I purchased Kuryakyn run-brake-turn modulators for both our 1600 and 800. Since it is illegal to run the amber turn signals as running lights, does anyone now where I can get red replacement lenses for the turn signals? Thanx
my bike has turn signals that are also running lights and they are amber in color.
I did not know this is illegal, is this state to state or no.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have been using amber rear running lights for about 2 years now, even got pulled over by a motorcycle cop here in NY, he just wanted to check my helmet. Never mentioned the lights. I did put a switch behind the side cover just in case though.

·
Shifted into first gear
131 Posts
You can also purchase red slip-on vinyl bulb skins at Auto Zone and change to clear bulbs and good to go. Cheap fix to the problem

·
Registered
251 Posts
I simply painted my turn signal covers (on the inside) with red paint from the hobby store. They look fine and work great - The Kuryakyn run-brake-turn converter is fantastic.

Here's a photo:

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I also bought the same modulator and together with my Signal Dynamics LED lights in the rear, I can see red behind me through my mirrors :eek: at night. It is an essential mod, since it gets dark earlier this time of the year.

Anyway, what I did for my rear ... I ordered red clear lens from clearalternatives.com. Keep in mind that they (clear alternatives) will ship you amber bulbs, so I ordered the appropriate red bulbs from Kuryakyn...and that should do it for your rear. And yes, amber lights are illegal on the rear of the bike...it will probably not pass inspection here in PA.

Good Luck on your install.

·
Luv my big boy toys
1,490 Posts
I have the Kuryakyn run-brake-turn Controller and Clear Alternatives clear lenses for my brake & turn signals and replaced all the bulbs including the license plate light with LED's in all the rear. I can leave it in the park position for hours if needed.

LED Flasher Fix

(Before the clear brake light installed_

1 - 9 of 9 Posts