Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Swingin like a monkey
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my 900 up the street yesterday to fill the tank and through some sta-bil in it for the winter long haul. It ran perfectly yesterday, but today I decided to dive into the apes project I've been putting off for the last couple of months. I had to take the front exhaust and the intake off to replace the cables, not a big deal, I replaced the stockers myself. Anyway, after I got all of the wiring done I fired her up to make sure all of the connections were good, and noticed that it's running really choppy, and smells like it running very rich. I checked all of the vacuum conections, but I can't figure out why it's so choppy. Is it the sta-bil in the fuel?

Short video clip:
CIMG2148.flv video by tmittendorf - Photobucket

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
I would suspect the intake is leaking . . . double check everything you touched.

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
I won't swear it the Sta-bil, but a buddy of mine put it in his Vmax. Long story short the carbs had to come off and be cleaned. Like you he had it in there only a short time.

I only use seafoam now for the winter stabilizer. Hopefully though you just have a leak that's easy to fix.

·
Motorcycle Nerd
158 Posts
i switched to seafoam also, instead of Stabil.
Does the same thing except that its actually good for the engine.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
behind the intake box there is a valve that can easily be moved if you were messing with the intake box. have you tried to open it or close it a littile?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts