Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey... New here... New to bikes. Saving for a Vette is hard and I don't just want one. So in the mean time I am looking for a nice bike to play with.

What are the differences between the 600R and 600RR? Also can i a rear seat be added to these bikes?? Are the colors on the RR just Green? I am really liking the orange they have, and looking to get one for a good deal in Chicago with in the next few months.

Thanks,

Erik

P.S. Are there any promotions coming up??

·
Registered
1 Posts
R vs RR

Pretty simple:

The R is a 636cc version. Probably the best choice if don’t plan to race. A few more CCs.

The RR is 599cc to comply with the 600cc class if you have serious race aspirations. There are some gearbox and suspension differences. I believe it’s only available in green.

I bought my 636 for $6899 before tax, license etc.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I would like to chime in here.

Both great bikes but I would certainly not recommend either as a first bike. I recommend you stay under 60 hp ( and that's still a lot when you consider that most Harley davidsons for example leave the factory with about that much power and twice the weight ).

These bikes can and will chew up then spit out a newbie making newbie mistakes. They have hair trigger controls and brakes that'll just magnify any mistakes a rider may make. Until you can ride a more moderate bike without having to think about the controls please stay away from these 120 hp crotch rockets and increase your chances of living.

What I've seen , unintentional wheelies when clutch is let out too fast leaving the rider sitting on the ground watching his bike rolling down the road and into the path of a semi. rear wheel skids from too much rear brake and accidental powerslides from too much throttle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Uncle Bob said:
I would like to chime in here.

Both great bikes but I would certainly not recommend either as a first bike. I recommend you stay under 60 hp ( and that's still a lot when you consider that most Harley davidsons for example leave the factory with about that much power and twice the weight ).

These bikes can and will chew up then spit out a newbie making newbie mistakes. They have hair trigger controls and brakes that'll just magnify any mistakes a rider may make. Until you can ride a more moderate bike without having to think about the controls please stay away from these 120 hp crotch rockets and increase your chances of living.

What I've seen , unintentional wheelies when clutch is let out too fast leaving the rider sitting on the ground watching his bike rolling down the road and into the path of a semi. rear wheel skids from too much rear brake and accidental powerslides from too much throttle.
hey,
i plan on buying a 250 ninja. this bike would only be used once i got my **** together and learned how to ride. i am taking two classes before i even consider riding this one bike. i have heard many stories and seen some people that have had life changing experiences from this. i to be fully honest wouldn't jump the gun anytime soon and i am in no postion to think of my self as hot **** behind a car or a bike. regardless i was more or less considering one of these bikes and was curious as to wondering the differences. i request your advice, but this wouldn't be my first bike it would be more or less something i take out once i got everything down.

erik

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Glad to hear you're planning on taking the time and steps necessary to begin yur riding career on the right foot.

Just that this info wasn't in your original post, which more or less suggested that you were ready to buy a 600 in the next few months. So I apologize if I misread your post.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uncle Bob said:
Glad to hear you're planning on taking the time and steps necessary to begin yur riding career on the right foot.

Just that this info wasn't in your original post, which more or less suggested that you were ready to buy a 600 in the next few months. So I apologize if I misread your post.
well i want to buy one in may or june to be more exact so if you refer to few as 1 or 2 i apologize. i want to build my credit and my parents would be happy to cosign on that, its like 8,500 with taxes and everything. its something i can handle, i will be going to the airforce in September or October and would like to have my credit built so I can buy a new Vette. That would take time, but other then this bike it will probably be the only large building block for my credit. i mean i want to buy a tv, a stereo, and stuff for my room but that would all stay under 1000. to get a loan for a 45K car is hard and even then maybe i will need a cosigner.

the bike would sit in the garage and i would pretty much stare at it until i was ready to ride. i wouldn't get drunk or something and figure i can take it that thing on. i don't want to be dead before 20, i plan on living a full life and most of us do. however i do want to make sure i go about doing that.

erik

1 - 8 of 8 Posts