Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking on ebay and see where a company named leatherny sells lots of saddlebags for $38.00.
Has anyone ever tried these and are they decent bags? Price is certainly right if they are any good.
Thanks for any feedback.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Did you mean to say $380? Because if you meant to say $38 these bags may be made from cardboard or heavy duty grocery style bags. Seriously, if you want a decent set of bags you are going to have to fork over a couple of hundred dollars, minimum. There are many manufactures that put out soft, over the fender/under the seat style or the increasingly popular and versatile rigid bags that mount seemlessly to brackets and which can be removed in a few seconds when washing the bike, etc.

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
leather

dickwol is right. anything less than a couple hundred is either synthetic, which isn't necessarily terrible, or cheap leather that won't last you long at all. if you want cheap, look at synthetic ones over leather, you get the look and a lot of times decent durability without the cost. i had a pair of Tourmaster zip off synthetic bags on my last bike and had no complaints. i think they only cost around $125 at my dealer. They certainly weren't leather, but i would take them any day over cheap leather.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts