Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been the big smile, proud owner of the 1600 Classic for 2 mos now and have decided to start adding some things to the bike. Have MS windshied and F&S Sissy bar. I have become hooked on the forum site and cant go a day with checking in on whats going on. I know someone out there can help with my question.
I have been looking at Saddlebags, mostly off the net, and think I have made up my mind on the Willie and Max Fleetside Slant Saddlebag and I think I saw where Bike said the throw over bags could be fixed to attach to the bike with a EZ or Ghost bracket. Just curious if any one has done that with the W&M bags and if they would recommend it. Thanks
http://www.willieandmax.com/sb709.html

·
Registered
28 Posts
not sure of the price range your in, or if your limited. i would go with leather if you can. the EASY BRACKET and GHOST BRACKET systems can really be installed on most bags. you need to enforce the back side of the bag if it is not already done.(usually the lesser expensive bags are not) to attach the bracket to. i have a set of Chilhowee leather bags and couldn't be any more happy. check out their site at the least to learn a little about the making of saddle bags and the difference between leathers. great company to deal with also. hope this helps. happy riding! :D

·
Registered
151 Posts
For saddle bags, Leatherlykes are the best, they even work as coolers.
Easy on and off.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i have not done it kippy,but i've seen it done

a buddy used strap tangs (long flat stainless) and big fender washers availible from a marine supply house to brace the bags inside and out
then bolted it to the fender struts - it looks clean and he never takes them off
anyway so removal was not a issue :wink:

·
Registered
7 Posts
kippy said:
I have been looking at Saddlebags, mostly off the net, and think I have made up my mind on the Willie and Max Fleetside Slant Saddlebag and I think I saw where Bike said the throw over bags could be fixed to attach to the bike with a EZ or Ghost bracket.
Be sure to verify that the brackets will mount with your current accys.
I noticed that the Ghost bracket will not mount if you have a backrest installed. I believe that the screws are not long enough to go through both.

I actually removed my Willy and Max bags and Brackets. I just throw them over the back seat when I need them. They also ride higher and have more clearance over the exhaust.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts