Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my new bags mounted and I love 'em!! Used the F&S saddlebag supports and the bags are River Road Studded Large Slant bags. They are 14' W x 12" H x 6"D and have just the look I was going for. Geez I like a plan when it comes together. They are a leather-look style which I like and have plastic reinforcing inside so that they hold their shape. Since they are soft bags I can't lock 'em, but I don't worry about that. Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've never had anyone mess with my bike. It looks so "mean" sitting there that I can't see anyone touching it!! ;-)

I've got the F&S backrest on the bike and all the mounting hardware that came with the supports worked fine with the bags. I didn't have to use some of the spacers, since the backrest came with them.

They fit perfectly - enough clearance with the stock pipes and shocks and they are just the right size from an appearance perspective. If they were any deeper, they'd make the back end look too wide. If they were any smaller top to bottom or front to back, they'd look too small.

I delivered a laptop I sold the other day and put it right in the bag and cruised over to my customers place. Now that's mixing business with pleasure!!

I hope this info helps if you are thinking of putting bags on.

Pic's to follow.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

good deal - keep the mods coming freedom,i'll be doing some of the same in a couple
of weeks as soon as mine gets in :wink:

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got to snap a few new pics of the bike, but I just never get to it. Next time I wash it, I will!

Here's a link to the site I got them from:
http://motorhelmets.com/htm1/luggage-riverroad-saddlebags-studded-table.htm
Those are some pretty good pics. I got the Large Slant Bags - 14"W x 12" H x 6" D

I wanted some "mass" back there, but I didn't want them to look "huge". I'm totally pleased with the look. Used them the other day to deliver a laptop computer - now that's mixing business with pleasure!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts