Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed that Saddleman has a new solo gel seat for the 900 Classic

Wondered if anyone got it yet? Thinking of putting it on my 900LT and removing the sissy bar etc. Just leave the bags on though. Wife never rides so thought the solo seat would look neat. A drifter wannabe. LOL

·
Riding daily
4,688 Posts
I think it looks awesome. I love the look of a solo seat but I always ride two up and will probably never have one.

·
Slow Guy on a Fast Bike
25,224 Posts
They said they had one for the Mean Streak years ago, and when I called they never actually had one available.
I think they are very hit and miss with their seats. Gene (anamosity) ordered a seat for his V2K and after numerous promises to deliver over a few month period he finally gave up and cancelled.

·
am I gonna ruin this?
257 Posts
I tried to order that seat a couple of months back. If you notice the bike its shown on is a Honda. It was listed like this even on Dennis Kirk but nothing ever came of it. Basically on infinite back order. If its ever produced I'd sure get it!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have that seat on my 1500 classic. It took a little tweaking to mount but it is one nice seat. Alot better than the stocker it replaced.

·
TriXie Chaser
1,823 Posts
You had me all excited..I think the seat your looking at is for the Honda. I ordered a solo for my 900 classic and really would like to see it cut more like the one thats on the Honda.

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
I just contacted PhatPerformance about the availability of the Saddlemen solo seat for the VN900. they said it comes up as discontinued. not good. I was just about to order one!!! I *knew* I should have gotten it this last summer!!!
anyone have the studded model they want to sell???!?!

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some of the other seat providers are showing the older Saddleman solo. This one though is listed as New item at cruiser customizing listed as
Comfortable seats built neither too big nor too small * Split-cushion design separates lumbar support and seat cushions so they ...

Part Number: TC-K06-11-001

Phatperformance shows this stock number Product Code: K06-11-001
but this photo.

wonder which one is correct. Cruiser Cutomizing has a big NEW next to thier listing also.
Guess maybe some phone calls are in order before ordering.
The supposed new style look great though. Hope it isn't a come-on

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
ILBTS
1,248 Posts
you wont find one that looks like the one on the honda for one reason, the way the seat mounts on the 900. they dont have much choice but to put that tail on it.
I did contact saddlemen though, because PhatPerformance said it came up as discontinued. Saddlemen said it is NOT discontinued, rather, they build to order. they dont keep them in stock.
thats good news for me, i plan on ordering one real soon.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
you wont find one that looks like the one on the honda for one reason, the way the seat mounts on the 900. they dont have much choice but to put that tail on it.
I did contact saddlemen though, because PhatPerformance said it came up as discontinued. Saddlemen said it is NOT discontinued, rather, they build to order. they dont keep them in stock.
thats good news for me, i plan on ordering one real soon.
Yup I just contacted Saddleman and that style seat on the Honda is only for the Honda. Sucks. But that's due to Kawi seat mounting setup like you said. Saddlemen said not all the vendors have images for each bike mfg. Well the other sites are showing the correct Kawi solo seat so I'm wondering why Cruiser Customizing is showing the wrong one with a big splash NEW next to it. Maybe a marketing ploy???? Makes me think twice about getting stuff from them now.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saddlemens Sales Update on seat

Ok as posted before I really really like this seat. My first reply from Saddlemen said no that's for a Honda. The only one for the 900 classic is the one with the back of the seat extended over like the pic on Phat Performance's site.
Ok Today I get this from Saddlemens

Hi Warren,

Yes, that is one of our seats and we do bulid it for a Vulcan 900 from '06 to '08. I'm not sure about the LT designation though, this just says 900, as does my inventory program,
so you might want to check with Kawasaki and see if there's any difference. Other than that, it's a good number and a good seat. Take care.
Regards,

Chris Joyce
Saddlemen

The photo Cruiser Customizing shows is on a Honda VTX, obviously, and that's what the seat looks like on a Honda VTX. On this link, you can see what our Solo looks like for a VN900:

http://www.saddlemen.com/Catalog-pdfs/Seats_for_Metric_3/Seats_for_Metric_3-1.jpg

Cruiser Customizing, along with many retailers, does not have access to every photo of every product on every bike, so they generalize. However, due to frame configurations, fender sizes, etc., every seat looks a little different. In the case of the VN900, the hardware that secures the seat to the bike is smack in the middle of the rear fender (Kawasaki put it there, we didn't) necessitating that seat's design.

I hope that helps.

Best regards,

Saddlemen

---------------------------------------------------------------
Tough decision then. I don't think the seat setup is different between the classic and the LT. The LT is just a factory dressed up classic isn't it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts