Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:
I Thought I Would Start A Thread About Safety Checks We Should Be Performing And Some General Tightening Up Ideas. If Anyone Has A Bike That They Found Something Loose On, Let Us Know. If You Can Think Of Something That Should Be Checked Or Tightened Up, Let Us Know. Anything Saftey. I Have A 2002 Vulcan 800 Classic. I Found That From Bumps In The Road And Normal Vibration, The Inch And An Eighth Nut On Top Of The Tripple Tree Became Loose. I Did'nt Notice It When The Bike Was On Its Wheels But When I Jacked It Up One Day, Wow, It Was Very Loose. I Told The Mechanic At The Dealership And He Suggested That Due To Road Conditions And General Vibration, That Bolt Can Loosen Up And I Should Get Into The Habit Of Putting A Wrench On It Every Once In A While. Remember, It Wont Seem Loose With The Weight Of The Bike On It, Only When You Jack It Up. Got Something You Found On Your Specific Bike? Because The Different Model Bikes Are Very Simular In Construction, Certain Problems Might Just Happen On More Models Than One. Let Everyone Know

·
Registered
412 Posts
Thanks Knightrider, this sounds like a great thread! We should get Freakinout to sticky it.

Joe

1 - 2 of 2 Posts