Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey

As I begin to mod my 2002 mean streak I have come to like the Samson Street sweepers but have some questions

- Most of the time I hear people talk about VH pipes. They seem to be the most popular. Do any of you have experience with Samsons? Do they blue?

- Is there a source for pipes that makes some that are not the straight types? I like the curve at the end of the Samson but would not mind something more radical

- How loud are Samsons really? When I ride in group with non cruiser folk I would like to be civilized in their midst and the sweepers do not take baffles

Thanks

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have them on my 04. I like 'em a lot. No issue with blueing but my bike stays properly tuned. They are not loud to me............but they are LOUD. I would not use the word civilized to describe them. Everybody and their cousins have VH pipes, they get old real fast.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
I have V&H but I don't think my cousin does....lol. I have a HD couple who have samsons on their 95th anniversary HD sportster and they love em. Don't recall seeing any blueing on them so I'd say they are good to go, and they sound great on their ride.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Jade,you can do a web search and see what the folks say that made 'em. I'm sure there is a samson website. I'll go look!

·
RIP Deron Harden :-(
32,545 Posts
i have VH pipes and my buddy has Samson's on his HD. we are both equally happy with sound and quality. his pipes have not blued but he hasn't put too many miles on since they were installed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BFC said:
I have them on my 04. I like 'em a lot. No issue with blueing but my bike stays properly tuned. They are not loud to me............but they are LOUD. I would not use the word civilized to describe them. Everybody and their cousins have VH pipes, they get old real fast.

My uncle has them on his meanie, and I will agree that they are loud........ But they sound very good, I would agree that they are not civilized. I also agree that everyone has the V and H pipes, that is why I chose the new cobra speedster longs. They sound excellent.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just my opinion......... but I don't like the look of those Samson's at all. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy? :)

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Alex214 said:
Just my opinion......... but I don't like the look of those Samson's at all. Maybe I am just getting old and grumpy? :)
Yea that's it ,your getting old an grumpy<BG> A week ago you were young an happy , my what a few day's of rain will do to a person(LOL) I hope the sun comes out pretty soon for health reasons (mental health) <BG>

·
Registered
439 Posts
I agree, Woodchuck. :???: I asked everyone to help me "will" summer to be here, but I don't think y'all are trying hard enuff.

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
Alex214 said:
I agree, Woodchuck. :???: I asked everyone to help me "will" summer to be here, but I don't think y'all are trying hard enuff.
It's working for me ,It suppose to be sunny an 65 tomorrow up here. Maybe you just need to will it down there?<BG> Just kidding only suppose to be 62 tomorrow.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts