Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK..the Harley thing has passed.:wink:

Now my first bling question......there will be more, but lets do one at a time.

I know that highway bars should have been one of my 1st investments but I held off...so now I am looking at the Kawi bars for my 05 1500 Vulcan classic FI.

I seem to recall reading that pegs were an issue w/these bars regarding fitment of the pegs due to the bars diameter. True or False?

I am looking for plain and simple....keep it clean will be the theme, so if there is anything aftmkt that you like throw it out there.

thx, Bob

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
Most of the crash bars available for the 1500 are 1.250 in diameter and shouldn't be a problem getting the pegs for them almost anywhere.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Just make sure you can get them. When I bought my Vulcan in Sept I ordered the bars. Gave up end of Nov. waiting bought cobras. I've heard they still aren't in stock soooo check first.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Most of the folks that have bought Cobra Bars here have nothing but good things to say about them.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Most of the folks that have bought Cobra Bars here have nothing but good things to say about them.
Cobras are great and I got mine in a matter of days. If I stayed with the Kawi bars I'd still be waiting.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
I got the MC Enterprises bars. When I found out the wait for Kawi bars I went elsewhere. I like the look a little better. However, I can't use hyway pegs. Can't reach the bars with my feet! :eek: hehehe Not that I'm short or anything.

:D
Aif

·
Last 007 MOM
9,231 Posts
I have the Cobra's on the V2K and when it went over out in the yard last year they worked. They held the bike from going all the way over on its side. Saved a bunch of candy apple red paint.

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
I got the Cobras for my 900, They are very nice. Even came with a rubber isolated mounting bracket for the horn.

·
Ahhh Crap
2,344 Posts
The fitment problem you heard of has to do with the slight angle of the down tube on the Kawasaki F&S engine guards. Cruise pegs mount just fine but sit on that slight angle. I didn't find this to be a problem at all and if I recall correctly, Kuryakin makes an angle adapter. I didn't need the adapter and have never had trouble with the angle.

·
Union Strong
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OK, that was the fitment issue...I have no problem w/that.

I see where some had to wait...was this because your newer models were different than past years....mine is an 05, F&S backrest came in 2 days from kawi and the F&S fender tips came in 3 days. I do have all winter but will look at the cobras and anything else mentioned.

·
Wannabe Poser
3,446 Posts
Several of Kawasaki parts have been out of stock for months and months. Aftermarket parts have been no problem though.

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
I got the Cobra Fattys... great look and do a great job of protecting the bike.....

Oh, and I bought mine from BTK, and got a discount because I'm a member of this forum. (As would all other members here.) :wink:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Not sure the reason, but I ordered and paid for a Kawi lightbar and engine guards when I bought my 900 LT in August. Gave up waiting and let the dealer talk me into going Cobra for both in November. Those came in in less than two weeks.

Took the bike in the first part of December to have them install both (talked them into putting them on at no cost because of the long delay)

They somehow had gotten a Kawi light bar in and tried to install it with the Cobra highway bars. They called me and said that didn't work. The down hanging turn signals on the Kawi light bar hit the Cobra highway bars when the handlebars were turned to their extreme stops.

Ended up with the Cobra light bar and highway bars. Actually like the Cobra highway bars better than the Kawi engine guards. Haven't yet put on highway pegs, but will soon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts