Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Eliminating all others
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here I am in Portland, standing outside having a smoke, the neighbor was asking me about the eliminator, one thing led to another then he said he had an old Kawasaki behind the garage, ~ears perked up~ we looked, I ask how much? he said , "hell if you actually want it its yours!", FREE!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~ a ONE OWNER 1979>? title may be an issue, not sure yet. KZ1000st SHAFTY Compleat and un-molested! am now off to get some seafoam......LOL

·
Registered
6,780 Posts
Now that is what I call a good neighbor - and I ain't talkin' State Farm!! Congrats - looks like you have some fun ahead!

·
Eliminating all others
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the engine isnt locked up, the starter clutch assy seems to be in good working order, the tank isnt in bad shape inside,..
needs: ALLOT of rubber replacement, carbs rebuilt, and the obvious seat.
BONUS~ he found the title.!

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
Rick, If you want a cheap seat cover, hit me with a PM and if you send me the seat cover that's on it I can disassemble it and make you a new one that you can put back on.

·
Eliminating all others
917 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rick, If you want a cheap seat cover, hit me with a PM and if you send me the seat cover that's on it I can disassemble it and make you a new one that you can put back on.
the foam itself seems to just crumble at a touch. I will keep it in mind thanks

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Nice, Rick!!! You got a new project. Now go start a project thread and keep us informed. :wink:

·
Premium Member
2,267 Posts
the foam itself seems to just crumble at a touch. I will keep it in mind thanks
I've been looking for a good (cheap) source for foam. There is a place locally that sells foam, but mostly it's the more open cell kind that is used for couch cushions. Every once in a while they let me dig through their dumpster and I find some that is wrong for their uses but perfect for mine. But, out of 10-15 tries, I may only find a suitable piece once. At least when I do it's a 4'X8' sheet 6" thick.

·
Registered
12,874 Posts
Alright!!! Poor bike....it's just waiting for someone like you to restore it!!!
I can't wait to watch the changes!!!!! Keep us updated!!!!

·
Registered
19,728 Posts
I've been looking for a good (cheap) source for foam. There is a place locally that sells foam, but mostly it's the more open cell kind that is used for couch cushions. Every once in a while they let me dig through their dumpster and I find some that is wrong for their uses but perfect for mine. But, out of 10-15 tries, I may only find a suitable piece once. At least when I do it's a 4'X8' sheet 6" thick.
We have an Army surplus store here that carries the good stuff in any size needed. Let me know if you need any, either one of you!

·
Non Omnis Moriar
7,812 Posts
Ok here I am in Portland, standing outside having a smoke, the neighbor was asking me about the eliminator, one thing led to another then he said he had an old Kawasaki behind the garage, ~ears perked up~ we looked, I ask how much? he said , "hell if you actually want it its yours!", FREE!!!!!!!!!~~~~~~~~~~~~ a ONE OWNER 1979>? title may be an issue, not sure yet. KZ1000st SHAFTY Compleat and un-molested! am now off to get some seafoam......LOL
Congrats. Have fun.

·
Test Pilot
2,916 Posts
Congrats Rick. The cool factor here is that your neighbor will be able to see the bike as you restore it. BTW, I never had any doubt that Santa existed.
Happy for you Sir.

·
Spinach Eating Moderator
22,962 Posts
Hory schmokes! :shock:

Some guys have all the luck. Congrats Rick! :tongue:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts