Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all. i have a question for all of you out there. on my first attempt i recieved little information. i have a ninja 2005, 500r. being that the new 500r has dual exhaust, does this mean i'm going to have to pay a bit more? i'm looking for slip-ons. i like the sound of the muzzy's more. the sarachu's seem so skinny. i like big cans. who doesn't? does any body have the circumference or diameter of their muzzy's? edgar's prices are real good in comparison to the muzzy's but look-wise i like the muzzy's. does anybody know the difference in horsepower between the two? probably not that much huh? anyway, there's alot of money to be put down,i'd like to think that i researched this predictament and not be hasty. choose titanium or polished stainless steel? help. thanks FULLTILT.

·
Registered
412 Posts
The Sarachu's are just slip on replacements for you stock cans. The Muzzy's are a complete new system. Two into one header and the new can for it. It is a big debate on how much HP you actually get with either, but with the Muzzy's you will have to rejet the carbs so you might see a slight increases with both mods on the muzzy.

I was not ready to start rejeting and all the tweaking you need to get it right so I just went with the Sarachu's for now. I love the sound of them and I personally like the looks of them a lot more then the stock ones. But that is my preference and I 'm sure a lot more will chime in with there thought about the Muzzy's.

I posted the specs on the Sarachu's once, will see if I can get them again for you.

Joe

·
Registered
3,122 Posts
This question between these 2 manufactor's are always questioned.
I personally have and enjoy the Sarachu. Very easy to install and the sound.....they rock!!! Heads will turn!!

If you need more information, PM me.

Kelly aka NinjaGirl (Moderator)

·
Registered
512 Posts
it basically a decision on whether u want 2 pipes or 1. my muzzy pipe is maybe a 1/4" in diameter smaller than the stock pipe so there isnt too much difference at all.

also with the muzzy not only that u r goign to have to rejet which means maybe 2 hp more, but u will be dropping 15+ lbs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...as compared with the 7 ish lbs you drop with the sarachu... If you'd like to keep the dual exhaust (and your center stand) go with the Sarachu. Otherwise the Muzzy seems to work well, but a lot more work, time, and money, which to me isn't worth the difference between the two...

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Putting anything other than muzzy on a Kawasaki is sacreligious :p. Muzzys sound orgasmic on a Kawi.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Green Knight said:
Putting anything other than muzzy on a Kawasaki is sacreligious :p. Muzzys sound orgasmic on a Kawi.
On a 4 cylinder one I agree. On the 500 twin. I like the Sarachu's.

But, thats just my 1/2 cent worth.

·
Registered
412 Posts
JTpaintball70 said:
just cause I still have been too lazy to email the guy about the sarachus... how much are they? :p
Mine were $280.00 shipped.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
IslandNinja said:
What kind of Sound does the muzzy produce? Does it make it louder like a harley or is it quieter?
A lot deeper and louder. Although I'm talking about the inline 4s, not the V-twins. I've never put a muzzy on a v-twin so I guess I don't know much about the sound from that. Just trust me on Muzzy when it comes to the 4 bangers.

A harley is a v-twin so its going to sound A LOT different than one of our large CC in line 4s sport bikes no matter what pipes are on it.

·
Registered
512 Posts
there is only one small downside to the muzzy system. u just have to trim the fairing some since the new piping is much bigger. or u can find out the hard way like i had to since i had the shop do it and got they didnt trim it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
92 z28 said:
where can i hear a sound clip of the Sarachu's? it sounds very appealing? if anyone is willing to email me a sound clip i would appreciate it. thanks! [email protected]
I don’t have a digital recorder, but here is a link to a mpg that Edgar took of them on his race bike. He is the guy I bought mine from. Very nice guy, great to deal with.

http://www.speedwerksracing.com/exx-sarachu3.mpg

Joe

·
Registered
267 Posts
a race bikes sounds identicle to a street bike with the same mods. Why would they sound different?

I actually like the smaller sarachu cans, but I think they would look sick if the exhaust runners ran side-by side and the cans were stacked on the same side like on a Duc S4.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts