Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone going to go to Thunder by the bay in Sarasota? I think the bike rally is on the 6th of january,which just happens to be my birthday! I'll post some pics of it if my camera will cooperate for a change.

·
Every day is a good ride
1,895 Posts
We used to live in Sarasota and always enjoyed the poker run and bike rally. I never knew it had a name. My personal hangout was a cigar bar on main street which is now the Bistro (or was). Another great destination is the St. Pete Rib Fest. Lots of bikes, always fun. Ah the memories of the west coast and riding. That's where I learned to ride in near hurricane wind, lol, talk about lean.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I moved to St Petersburg just before the original bridge was hit and collapsed. My wife couldn't remember which bridge I took to work so when I got to work there was 3 messages and the was ringing as I walked in the office!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Pittypie, now that I can post again. I'm going to try and make it there. I haven't been before but it sounds good. hopefully the daughters don't have my weekend planned already.

·
Registered
17,940 Posts
Wow wish I was! I went for the last six years, it was huge last year! The downtown scene on Main St. is the best part of it...........Happy Birthday and enjoy it! I will be there in spirit!

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
I love Sarasota, Florida. We've been there a number of times for summer vacation and I can just imagine how fun it would be to ride there this time of the year. One day, I will plan to make a trip down South and be part of the festivities. Have a great time!

·
Registered
550 Posts
Anyone going to go to Thunder by the bay in Sarasota? I think the bike rally is on the 6th of january,which just happens to be my birthday! I'll post some pics of it if my camera will cooperate for a change.
I can probably make it. I live about 30 miles south of Sarasota. I don't do big rallies much, but the guys I know who went last year said it was great. I checked out the mods on your bike, and I think it would be worth going just to get a look in person. I'll bring a camera, too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts