Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home on I-95 tonight from Richmond Va. I was in my car in the 3rd lane with other traffic doing about 60mph. On the left side of the highway, off the road next to the concrete median barrier I see a group of red taillights. It turns out it was 3 sport bikes. All of a sudden all 3 pull out into traffic and aim to cross all 3 lanes to get to an exit that is probably 75 yards ahead. I thought for sure one bike was going to get it, all cars in all lanes had slammed on thier brakes to avoid these idiots. Traffic on I-95 was very moderate tonight. These guys had plenty of time to wait for an opening. They waited long enough for a whole pack of cars to actually be right on top of them.

This was the dumbest thing I have ever seen! It scared the hell out of me. Being a new motorcyclist, it sure made me think. God that was so close. I guess all 3 had to go home and clean out thier pants! I almost did.

·
Registered
15 Posts
saturday night on my way home from seeing a friend's band i saw two sport bikers doing tricks in heavy traffic going down i-35. anyone who has ever driven i-35 through austin will know that this is just plain suicide. luckily though, guys like these will help save humanity as they will no doubt remove themselves from the gene pool...hopefully before they reproduce.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

those are'nt bikers :roll: -just morons that give the rest of us bad names :cry:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
A friend of mine had a buddy get real stupid on Wednesday night. He took his bike to the local bar, got blizted then on the way home got real stupit. Now he's in the hospital in ICU with one of his lower legs missing and a whole lot of healing to do. When will folks learn that bikes and alcohol don't mix?

·
Registered
380 Posts
spok said:
A friend of mine had a buddy get real stupid on Wednesday night. He took his bike to the local bar, got blizted then on the way home got real stupit. Now he's in the hospital in ICU with one of his lower legs missing and a whole lot of healing to do. When will folks learn that bikes and alcohol don't mix?
Dunno... stupidity doesn't go out of style...

·
Registered
38 Posts
morons like that are what give bikers a bad rap, high insurance, and worried parents!

·
Registered
38 Posts
i keep expecting that guy ljangell to show up on this topic and depress us all again. :lol:

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
He's still around but with a different handle.

If these Yahoos want to kill themselves I have no problem with that as long as they don't hurt anybody else.

It's just removing the inferior genes from the pool.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yesterday I had a similar experience. I saw three guys riding home on the L.I.E. (for those of you who don't know - Long Island Expressway, but it's anything but express) and all of them where popping wheelies at about 70MPH, while changing lanes and looking backwards for cops. Now if that ain't crazy I don't know what is!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Kazama said:
i keep expecting that guy ljangell to show up on this topic and depress us all again. :lol:
:? yes...where is ole words of wisdom at now a days... :wink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ok ok, the only stupid here is mixing alcohol with riding, wheelies on the freeway in traffic is just skill n balls, i'd rather ride with people who can control they're bike on one wheel then a bunch of knee scrapers, kids that are talented enough to stunt, watch traffic, watch for cops all at once are fuckin amazing, and hello its a fuckin motorcycle ur not going to really kill anybody else but there selves, least their not driving a 3000lb car like a sport bike, some people never lay off and push the limits cause thats what a human does. just saying stupidity and crazyness are two different catagory's, you think u knee scrapers are so safe n cool, what if they're was an accident on the road u guys go knee sliding and u hit a patch of cat litter put there to soak up oil, whos the dumb ass now.. i'd rather be know as the kid that died wheeling then the kid who died hitting fuckin cat litter

·
Registered
182 Posts
Well (for my personal post) I said crazy not stupid... people can do what they want. Last year I met a guy with a really nice Honda, he was the husband of my girlfriends friend. Two days later he was dead doing stunts on a highway with a friend near his house. I thought to myself now that was crazy, I just met this guy and he is dead two days later. I never felt so bad in my life seeing this guy's wife just break down, collapse to the floor crying, when the cops approched her to tell her that her husband was dead and died instantly from the look of the crash. :cry: I hope that if your one of those crazy people your not so foolish as to think no one else gets hurt when you make crazy moves on the streets.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Oh man !, I could just ramble on as to the stupidity of the post but that would just be adding fuel to a weak fire.

This forum does not condone stunting on public roads in trafic nor do we condone knee dragging on public roads in trafic either.

Thinking that you can do as you please because the MC rider will be the one hurt and not innocent bystanders/passengers in other vehicles is also just plain wrong.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Oh man !, I could just ramble on as to the stupidity of the post but that would just be adding fuel to a weak fire.

This forum does not condone stunting on public roads in trafic nor do we condone knee dragging on public roads in traffic either.

Thinking that you can do as you please because the MC rider will be the one hurt and not innocent bystanders/passengers in other vehicles is also just plain wrong.
Amen! When there is any traffic around you need to keep both wheels on the ground and if you are dragging knee you are asking for trouble.

Stunting is fine as long as you do it in a closed parking lot, or an old airfield is even better. (UNUSED airfield that is. Planes are bad too)

Knee dragging on any public road seems crazy to me (not that I haven't gotten waaaay too close). Most of the roads aren't in conditions that you need to be going that fast through a curve. There are some roads that are exceptions, but public roads aren't a good place to be running really hard, there just isn't any room for mistakes and many variables out of a riders control. Calm down a little when you're on the road and don't get in over your head.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well Its so obvious if u don't stunt... u knee drag.. or haul ass, ur not just some daily commuter, People with sport bikes ride them like sport bikes. don't deny it, and u know if ur driving next to a car full of girls ur gonna be a fuckin show off and wheelie if u know how, and the only time me n my friends stunt are mainly at night when theres hardly no traffic, but yeah just like in school they'res allways that one person that ruins it for the whole class, and since i've practiced stunting i've began to feel my bike way more then ever. even if u don't stunt its good to learn wheelies, just don't get crazy with them unless ur ready to get burned.. cause ur playin with fire

1 - 20 of 125 Posts