Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

61 - 80 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

they won't allow wheelies at our track even with bars :roll:
do it and you'll be banned from the track

i got some air on the sporty once by accident(2nd gear it popped up)
and i had a bar and they reemed me a new one-they said it was insurance related and that they have to seperate insurance for stunt riding-i proceeded
to tell them i wasn't stunting it was TORQUE but one more and i could run the car but not the bike

·
Registered
25 Posts
OK, I've been to the suzuki site for a while (banned :oops: ) but it seems here, a 600cc, like a ZX6RR, Is more accpeted than on suzuki. Like what we say about 1000cc is what they say about 600cc. So It maybe just be that they beleive 600s are faster/better than what we think. Anyway, a 600 is the best for all n00bs, I mean some poeple could buy a ninja 250 and die the first day, other poeple can (and have) bought a ZX-10R as first bike, and are still riding it safely. It all depends on the person.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
RampRat said:
Has anybody here ever had to throw a dead biker into a body bag.

If not the you don't know what you are missing.

Stupid motorcycle drivers make me puke.

They are such jerkoffs they have no idea how they effect others even after killing themselves going to fast for the roads & thinking they are sh*t hot bikers.

Hell, anybody know how much kitty litter (oil dry) it takes to clean up the road after a biker without a helmet hits a gravel patch going 130+ & dumps his bike.

Ever think or even care about the poor fife fighter/emt who has to clean up you're parts & put them in a big plastic bag.

Did not think so, stupid drivers only care about the thrills of going fast & to hell with everybody & everything else.

Ever see what happens when a F150 hit's a bike head on at a combined speed of over 120 mph cuz the bike was in the wrong lane taking a 35mph curve way to frigging fast.

Trust me on this, you don't want to.

It's not the stupid bikers pulling assine stunts that bother me, it's what happens when they turn themselves into a blood slick 100feet long & I've got to clean up the mess.

Just stay at home & drink draino or something else nice and bubbley so when it's time to stuff you're stupid azz into the big plastic bag you don't drip all over the carpet.
I still can't get this teen out of my mind, the smell is....if you know what I mean, I am sorry you've been through this. First on scene and the kid was burning alive.(horrific screams) The fire was so bad, I put on a blanket and threw water on it and even with all that I could only get 10 ft from the car - sometimes things are so gruesom, its almost surreal because TV is so accurate at times. Bad Crash scenes are disheartening - You know the kid has a mother and father, brother,sister, family and friends that will change their lives. Found out later the kid was racing from wit statements and lost control of his Supra. They had to pry his body out as it was fused to the door pressed against it trying to get out.

I'm sorry

·
Registered
272 Posts
1Adam12 said:
I still can't get this teen out of my mind, the smell is....if you know what I mean, I am sorry you've been through this. First on scene and the kid was burning alive.(horrific screams) The fire was so bad, I put on a blanket and threw water on it and even with all that I could only get 10 ft from the car - sometimes things are so gruesom, its almost surreal because TV is so accurate at times. Bad Crash scenes are disheartening - You know the kid has a mother and father, brother,sister, family and friends that will change their lives. Found out later the kid was racing from wit statements and lost control of his Supra. They had to pry his body out as it was fused to the door pressed against it trying to get out.

I'm sorry
Don't ever feel sorry, it's normal that still remember, if you did not you would not be human. It's good to talk about them even if it's just to some wacked out goober's on the internet!!!!!!!!!!!

You can't always forget & the really nasty ones will be with you for a long long time. For me the faces slowly fade, but I can still see the bodies & smells. Then there are somethings that trigger memories I'd rather not remember, but a sight, sound or smell brings them back. Don't want to get grusome here, but I hate the smell of pork cooking on the grill, it brings back really bad memories.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
OK, I've been to the suzuki site for a while (banned :oops: ) but it seems here, a 600cc, like a ZX6RR, Is more accpeted than on suzuki. Like what we say about 1000cc is what they say about 600cc. So It maybe just be that they beleive 600s are faster/better than what we think. Anyway, a 600 is the best for all n00bs, I mean some poeple could buy a ninja 250 and die the first day, other poeple can (and have) bought a ZX-10R as first bike, and are still riding it safely. It all depends on the person.
Just drop it !, we do not think a 100hp+ bike is a better choice here for a newbie than the other sites. Just because there may one or two other posters here that seem to think that it's ok. It does not mean that the site as as a group agrees with ignorant, reckless wannabees who want to doll out advice about something they know nothing about.

Care to explain to us countersteering, what to do if you lock up your rear wheel, how to stop in a curve?

I'm not an EMT but have had to administer first aid to riders on several occasions, I've lost friends who went down. I started riding 27 years ago but stopped for over twenty years after seeing my cousin die in a crash ( His fault, was being stupid on bike ).

Last year I saw a friend go down and lose both legs from the knees down and one arm ( the other arm was badly injured but was salvageable ).The cause of this accident ? A noob lost control of his brand new 1 liter bike on a cross street, his bike slid into the intersection and hit my friend's bike. My friend Mike was a cautious rider, was minding his own business and going through the intersection at legal speeds under a green light.

Wanna be stupid that's your right, wanna buy a bike you can't handle that's also unfortunately your right, wanna risk your life that's your right. Want to do all the above assuming that you're only endangering yourself that's your very major WRONG.

Oh I know this is wasted on those that really need it but I had to give it a shot !.

Hey maybe you could work on coming up with a seal flavored diving suit to swim with some great whites? Or how about Russian roulette sky diving where you don't know which chutes have a functionning ripcord or not ?

·
Registered
605 Posts
aaaaah, damnit, I had already made the seal suit for a friend before I recognized he was making a point to ignorant squids :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
riiiiiiight, counter steer dispite popular beleive is NOT the rear tire runing your bike at high speed, and you turn in the OPPISITE direction of the turn. In fact counter steer is when you flick the controls smoothly away from the corner, and now normally you'd lean in that direction to keep from sliding, but you do it soo fast that the bike swings down to the level you want, they you begin to turn in. This allows for a much faster turn in. Don't beleive me? I'd heard it from many a poeple ON THIS SITE. The beleive that the rear tire turns you is a complete hoax, this only happens during a powerslide and a moving burn out. So if your powerslideing than yes, you steer with the back tire.

I don't know what to do when the rear locks, and I won't pretend to. But I will point out your terrible modding job. What kind of mod insults the posters? and If you don't think a 600cc bike is to much, fine, but don't try to tell me. I don't tell you what you should ride, don't try to tell me.

My best guess is when to lock the rear, you try to regain traction, and go right off the track in a controlled manner. If I'm wrong, CORRECT ME, I'm here to learn, not to try and argue with a man who has enough time on his hands to argue with a CHILD. You obvisouly don't like me, fine. But you telll me to play nice, and then you start something with out provocation? and I'm supposed to respect what you say, even when you contradiction your self? riiight

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyway, a 600 is the best for all n00bs.

Excuse that mistake, I meant to type "isn't" instead of "is". Some poeple will never be good enoguh to ride a 600, other will be good eno8ugh to be fine for thier whole lives.

·
Registered
25 Posts
calling someone stupid is againest the rules right? you said it too me. SO if it isn't, then I'm gonna call you it.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
riiiiiiight, counter steer dispite popular beleive is NOT the rear tire runing your bike at high speed, and you turn in the OPPISITE direction of the turn. In fact counter steer is when you flick the controls smoothly away from the corner, and now normally you'd lean in that direction to keep from sliding, but you do it soo fast that the bike swings down to the level you want, they you begin to turn in. This allows for a much faster turn in. Don't beleive me? I'd heard it from many a poeple ON THIS SITE. The beleive that the rear tire turns you is a complete hoax, this only happens during a powerslide and a moving burn out. So if your powerslideing than yes, you steer with the back tire.

I don't know what to do when the rear locks, and I won't pretend to. But I will point out your terrible modding job. What kind of mod insults the posters? and If you don't think a 600cc bike is to much, fine, but don't try to tell me. I don't tell you what you should ride, don't try to tell me.

My best guess is when to lock the rear, you try to regain traction, and go right off the track in a controlled manner. If I'm wrong, CORRECT ME, I'm here to learn, not to try and argue with a man who has enough time on his hands to argue with a CHILD. You obvisouly don't like me, fine. But you telll me to play nice, and then you start something with out provocation? and I'm supposed to respect what you say, even when you contradiction your self? riiight
Exactly, you've heard it, but you have NO riding experience, that's why your advice has gotten bashed by other members of this forum.

ZX-10R Urza said:
calling someone stupid is againest the rules right? you said it too me. SO if it isn't, then I'm gonna call you it.
Nobody called you stupid, so drop it.

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
lets stay on topic here. a 600cc sport bike for a beginner is an iffie. it really depends on the person himself. if the person knows hwat he is gonna get into having this bike, took the msf course, and obeys everything he should, he should be fine. on the other hand, if this person wants a 600cc sport bike for the looks and the chicks he thinks automatically comes with the bike, he thinks he can do whatever, and never looks at a speed sign, then he shouldnt get this bike. Sometimes, there is those cases where a person is just too small to get a bike that big because of the inability to control it even if they know how. in my mind, there is no set limit as to how many cc's a beginner can get. it all depends on the rider.

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
psycho messiah said:
lets stay on topic here. a 600cc sport bike for a beginner is an iffie. it really depends on the person himself. if the person knows hwat he is gonna get into having this bike, took the msf course, and obeys everything he should, he should be fine. on the other hand, if this person wants a 600cc sport bike for the looks and the chicks he thinks automatically comes with the bike, he thinks he can do whatever, and never looks at a speed sign, then he shouldnt get this bike. Sometimes, there is those cases where a person is just too small to get a bike that big because of the inability to control it even if they know how. in my mind, there is no set limit as to how many cc's a beginner can get. it all depends on the rider.
That sentence is exactly what I was looking for, and here is why:

Being a beginner rider there is no possible way for that person to realize what they got themselves into when they get a modern 600cc (or 1L). If you'd taken the MSF course on the 125/250cc cruisers then you still have no idea what a small sportbike is like, much less a 100HP+ bike.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Uncle Bob said:
Wanna be stupid that's your

Yes, uncle bob did, Freakinout. I really don't appercaite it, I i found it uncalled for. Yes poeple bash my info, fine what every, don't bash me. After all It's againest the rules right? The admin also broke the same rule was banned for. I don't want him banned or anything, just making a point. He told me to behave, I have been doing soo this who time. But NO ONE appericaites being called stupid, espeacially when its a mod.

Pete

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
ZX-10R Urza said:
Uncle Bob said:
Wanna be stupid that's your

Yes, uncle bob did, Freakinout. I really don't appercaite it, I i found it uncalled for. Yes poeple bash my info, fine what every, don't bash me. After all It's againest the rules right? The admin also broke the same rule was banned for. I don't want him banned or anything, just making a point. He told me to behave, I have been doing soo this who time. But NO ONE appericaites being called stupid, espeacially when its a mod.

Pete
I don't consider that a direct comment at you.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Freakinout said:
I don't consider that a direct comment at you.
Freakinout is right. Read the context. So ZX 10R Urza, instead of being offended about something that wasn't even said directly to you, why don't you instead be a contributing member to the forum? You've made some good contributions in the past. So get over the supposed offense, and let's talk about bikes.
Curt

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I don't need to call you names, the word you're refering to, within the context of my post was aimed at newbies in general that will be future statistics causing my insurance premiums to rise.

It's not because I used a quote from one of your posts as a starting point that everything I wrote was aimed at you.

Now your answer to countersteering is interesting because you seem to have read enough about it to make your post almost sound legitimate. Yet it doesn't make sense. There is no sliding involved in countersteering, at least not if you're doing it right.

And countersteering is the only possible way to steer a motorcycle above 20mph. Yet most riders don't even know they're countersteering.

BTW we are equal here, don't care if you're 10,20 or 89 as long as you respect the site and the members. Interesting that you bring up your age when it suits you. As for having time, well yes I'm lucky to have an IT job where I'm on standby for incoming calls that pays very well. I've so far made nearly a thousand dollars answering your posts.

As for me dogging you, well if I see bad advice being given by anybody I will jump in and correct it.

61 - 80 of 125 Posts