Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 ninja 600. just lately my bike will just die... no sputter as if fuel starved, just run then quit. I have maintained the bike very well,, it has 19k miles... very clean.... it happend today on the freeway and scared the c___ out of me... any suggestions besides a new bike....

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
kickstand sensor, make sure your getting a good connection. Not sure if your bike has one, but if it does make sure your connections are clean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked that this afternoon....I cleaned it (very dirty)....I was thinking of by-passing the switch but I didn't want to butcher the bike...tomorrow I'll look at it closer.... thanks

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
danapointlocal said:
oh, and nice bike!!!!!!!
I don't even have a kickstand right now, woodcraft rearsets kinda made that a interesting issue. but the kickstand sensor is easy to bypass. Also check the clutch sensor, its part of the whole clutch thing, good idea to clean that too, mine was giving me issues until I took the kickstand off, although once I get the kickstand to a metal shop and modify it I'll have it back on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That looks just like a GPZ500.

I got one of them, only mine's black.

Actually, it's meant to be black, but is white at the moment, until I get a chance to clean it...

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
vorlon24 said:
That looks just like a GPZ500.

I got one of them, only mine's black.

Actually, it's meant to be black, but is white at the moment, until I get a chance to clean it...
ex500 is the US version of the gpz500. very similar, same clymer and haynes manual for both.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Freakinout,

You are a moto fricken GOD!!!!! Thank you so much for the tip... Amazing, that little switch could have killed me on a busy freeway. If I ever get to Tx, dinner for you and yours is on me!!!!!

Thanks again

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
danapointlocal said:
Hey Freakinout,

You are a moto fricken GOD!!!!! Thank you so much for the tip... Amazing, that little switch could have killed me on a busy freeway. If I ever get to Tx, dinner for you and yours is on me!!!!!

Thanks again
haha, glad I could help. I'm here for that reason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts