Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCHOOL 1977 vs. SCHOOL 2007

Scenario: Jack goes duck hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1977- Vice principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his own shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lockdown, the Feds and ATF are called, Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in to assist traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1977- Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007- Police are called, SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. They are charged with assault and both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.
1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra district funding because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1977- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.
1977 - Mark shares Aspirin with the school principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police are called and Mark is ex pelled from school for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high-school English.
1977- Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Lawyers file class action lawsuit against the public school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing law ns for a living becaus e he c annot speak English.

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover 4th of July firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.
1977- Ants die.
2007 - FBI are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. They investigate his parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.
1977- Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in federal prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
I guess Im not sure of the point. If its to belittle the administration for taking these measures then i could say that i cant blame them. if its to belittle the kids... i dont know what to say.

however if its just to say..wow, what a **** shame... then i agree ;)

·
Giggidy-Giggidy-Goo!
1,623 Posts
It's a whole different world now than it was in 1977 ...some for the better, some for the worse. Of that, I think we can agree.

·
humble pie consumer
3,853 Posts
my dad used to take his 22 rifle to school on the public bus system to participate in the nra shooting and gun safety course tought in public school. i used to take my 22 rifle and walk through my neighborhood, across a major highway and up into the hills to hunt. my how times have changed.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts

Scenario: Johnny takes apart leftover 4th of July firecrackers, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle and blows up an anthill.
1977- Ants die.
2007 - FBI are called and Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. They investigate his parents, siblings are removed from the home, computers are confiscated, and Johnny's dad goes on a terror watch list and is never allowed to fly again.
I did that when I was a kid!!! Oh wait....it was 1975....never mind! :biggrin:

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
Bring back the "bad old days"! There was a lot more sense exercised in those days.

·
07 Black 900 Custom
547 Posts

Scenario: Jack goes duck hunting before school, pulls into school parking lot with shotgun in gun rack.
1977- Vice principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car and gets his own shotgun to show Jack.
2007 - School goes into lockdown, the Feds and ATF are called, Jack is hauled off to jail and never sees his truck or gun again. Counselors are called in to assist traumatized students and teachers.

Scenario: Johnny and Mark get into a fistfight after school.
1977- Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands and end up buddies.
2007- Police are called, SWAT team arrives and arrests Johnny and Mark. They are charged with assault and both are expelled even though Johnny started it.

Scenario: Jeffrey won't sit still in class, disrupts other students.
1977 - Jeffrey is sent to the principal's office and given a good paddling. Returns to class, sits still and does not disrupt class again.
2007 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. Becomes a zombie. Tested for ADD. School gets extra district funding because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario: Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1977- Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2007 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care and joins a gang. State psychologist tells Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario: Mark gets a headache and takes some Aspirin to school.
1977 - Mark shares Aspirin with the school principal out on the smoking dock.
2007 - Police are called and Mark is ex pelled from school for drug violations. His car is searched for drugs and weapons.

Scenario: Pedro fails high-school English.
1977- Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, goes to college.
2007 - Pedro's cause is taken up by local human rights group. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that making English a requirement for graduation is racist. Lawyers file class action lawsuit against the public school system and Pedro's English teacher. English is banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway but ends up mowing law ns for a living becaus e he c annot speak English.

1977- Ants die.

Scenario: Johnny falls during recess and scrapes his knee. His teacher, Mary, finds him crying, and gives him a hug to comfort him.
1977- Johnny soon feels better and goes back to playing.
2007 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator and loses her job. She faces three years in federal prison. Johnny undergoes five years of therapy.
I remember when I was little....the principal gave me a good paddling because I stole some paper work " to play with my little sister at home" from the kinder teacher next door,...oh my!, I got whipped real good, and was sent home with my red burning *** and a memo to my mother, that was it! ..... oh! and if you dare talk when the teacher was speaking, smacked right in the hand with a ruler!...

Even once, a black teacher told me " Girl, if you dont shut up! I am going to hit you so hard! your going to turn my color!

I mean, I never got abuse or felt that I was being abuse in any way by these teacher....all the contrary, I always loved and felt so much admiration for my teacher.. we all had a since of respect towards our teacher back then.

But of course...everything has change....things are so different.....humanity has been lost.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
Ridiculous how we've allowed a few whining loud mouths & some lawyers/judges educated beyond their intelligence to relieve us of every shread of common sense...........naah, not even gonna get started. :mad:

·
Registered
366 Posts
The biggest problem is that there are more people graduating from law school every year than doctors.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Its wild how times have changed, remember riding in the back window area and waving at everyone you passed, I tell my kids there are a whole lot more cars out there now than back then. I also remember riding my bike many miles away from home, no chance my kids are going to do that, I wonder what that says about me?

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
....heard on the news today, that Santa will no longer allow to laugh HO HO HO HO anymore. Instead, he will be doing HE HE HE HE.......... Thanks to Women Coalition Group!!

·
Own The Day
2,809 Posts
....heard on the news today, that Santa will no longer allow to laugh HO HO HO HO anymore. Instead, he will be doing HE HE HE HE.......... Thanks to Women Coalition Group!!
:eek: Please tell me you're kidding! :eek:

·
98' 1500 Classic
978 Posts
I remember the school district telling my mom that it was "no problem" that I transported my brothers 12 ga shotgun on the school bus, as long as it was unloaded. that was about 1977 or so.

We all got our hunter safety certificates from a class in school. shot the guns there and everything.

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
I remember back in 7th grade(1974) an bunch of us guys were comparing our knifes in homeroom. One guy had just gotton a switchblade and threw it accross the room and stuck in the black board. All of our knifes got confiscated but were returned to us at the end of the day with a warning to leave them in our pockets or at home. The kid who stuck the blackboard got a weeks detention. The school never even called his folks. Now we'd all be expelled from school and make th eevening news.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
A good thread, the initial post definitely gets you thinking.

Personally I think that the first example, given what has happened over the last few years, may not be such a bad thing... but the rest is pretty spot on the money :smile:

·
Registered
20,973 Posts
Oh yeah..........it is called the "age of victimization". Where whiners have been bred to prosper and lead this great nation. "It is everybody else's fault but mine that I am in this way".

*Going to get a prescription of nitroglycerin pills*

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Showed the list to my wife thinking she would get a laugh....got her totally hacked-off. PC run amuck....sick of it. Would move back to MT but I hear it's just the same old stuff up there too. Guess I'll retire as a rich gringo south of the border somewhere!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts