Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Does anyone read these?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you've all heard the rants and raves about this product, but since having mine installed today, I gotta add my .02 This is by far the best $$$ you can spend on a VN900.

1) smoother takeoff from 1st gear
2) smoother transition from 2nd > 3rd > 4th > 5th
3) Speedo is dead on now (as confirmed by an 07 Nissan)
4) I can cruise at an actual 75mph like I used to do at an (indicated) 60mph
5) Better mileage

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts

1) smoother takeoff from 1st gear
2) smoother transition from 2nd > 3rd > 4th > 5th
3) Speedo is dead on now (as confirmed by an 07 Nissan)
4) I can cruise at an actual 75mph like I used to do at an (indicated) 60mph
5) Better mileage
1) No more of the hurky jerky moves when idoling in first gear.

2) Higher speeds before shifting in ALL gears.

3) Speedometer will correct close to actual. Mines 1.5 MPH high @ 60mph actual.

4) Engine doesn't sound like it's comming apart at 75 mph. Fewer vibrations.

5) Can't say for sure about this but Im still getting around 50 MPG.

Best upgrade I've done on mine so far.

:D
Aif

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nevermind...

I found the answer to all my questions by doing a search. What a concept! ;)

Going to order my front pulley RIGHT NOW!!

·
Missy Peregrym's #1 fan!
7,792 Posts
Did you install yourself?

This will probably be my next purchase but I'm debating about installing myself

·
Does anyone read these?
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thought about it, but decided not too. I didn't want any "oh s^*t" situations, so for $100 I just had it done. (NOT BY DEALER!)

Haven't run a tank of gas through it yet, but it's impossible not to get better mileage. Not that the 50mpg I was getting was bad :)

·
Registered
581 Posts
Awesome all that sounds good. Of course I had not had much of a chance to ride lately here in Colo. I only have 234 miles on Betsy, so not real clear on how bad she buzzs at those speeds. Thanks Jake!

·
Premium Member
1,373 Posts

You can do it yourself + it comes with very good instructions '
Also, I believe there is a thread with step by step and pictures.

·
Patriot Guard Rider
1,694 Posts
You can do it yourself + it comes with very good instructions '
Also, I believe there is a thread with step by step and pictures.
The thread has better, more detailed pictures. The instructions from Scootworks are okay but they're pictures are a little grainy & hard to make out.

Aif

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
The thread has better, more detailed pictures. The instructions from Scootworks are okay but they're pictures are a little grainy & hard to make out.

Aif
It is a pretty quick job. After ording mine I asked my dealer about installing it. He said he wanted to see one (seems Scootworks won't sell to dealers) and would do the job for $35 to $40. I thought that was reasonable so when it came in I took it over and they installed it for me. Ended up charging me flat rate and it only ran me $28 (I think...less than $30 anyway). The mechanic and parts guy were impressed with the quality. I checked my speedo with a gps on the way home and it is still about 1 mph fast, but that is better than most vehicles.

I haven't had any problems with power and it runs really nice 2 up. Many times around town I never get above 4 th gear. Nice and smooth at 70/75. The pulley that Kawa should have put on the bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put mine on yesterday,very easy to do with the instrutions on this site.The hardest part I had was getting the sadle bag off so I could get to the axle nut. I havent had a chance to get on the freeway or check out the speedo,but I will this weekend.:D

·
Pinson, Alabama
416 Posts
Has anyone broke loose the nut on the original pulley with just a 2 ft. breaker bar, are is an impact wrench the only way to go?

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
Has anyone broke loose the nut on the original pulley with just a 2 ft. breaker bar, are is an impact wrench the only way to go?
I think someone said they used a BFW to get it loose, but most have used an impact wrench. Just be sure you "unbend" the locking washer first;)

·
What can I spend my $$ on
619 Posts
The only drawback I've had is squeaking, I have to spray the belt every 400-500 mi or so. I thought it would have wore in the pulley by now as I put almost 3000 mi on it.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Mine did have a small amount of noise but after 2000 miles it's gone. Maybe a belt adjustment would correct yours?..

I had emailed Scoot Works to ask and plead for the rear sprocket and they actually gave me a nice reply about" thanks you for prodding us to keep going, we anticipate the rear pulley should be done fairly soon"

I intend on purchasing one. Maybe if we all sent them an email saying "hey this group will order them" they may make note of us here at BT.

Send an email to: [email protected]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts