·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very cool. Did you have to reroute any cables, or is it really as easy as they say in the ad?

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
I believe you do have to reroute at least one cable but not 100% sure. Just type 900 custom risers on the search link and you'll get lots of postings with good info. Lots of guys have done it and they share their stories and pictures.

·
Need Time To Ride
3,247 Posts
I have them buried somewhere in storage. They were too tall and I didn't like to the look. They did bring the bar within my reach but after a month I could no longer look at the bike. Rerouting cables was a bit of a pain cuz lock-lock turns was stretching everything. Oh, the set I got form Scootworks had back threads. I spent two hours fixing their workmanship and was very unhappy considering how they rape us on the cost.

·
Hoof Hearted?
717 Posts
Between my Mustang seat with the driver's backrest and the Scootworks risers, my 9 custom is EXTREMELY comfortable. No cables needed rerouting though I did "lose" the wire cable guide that was attached to the tree...and haven't found it necessary after several thousand miles.

Installation took all of 20 minutes or so...an extra set of hands was a real help when mounting the bars.

Do it...and if your experience is like mine, you will find it is one of your favorite mods.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
Did not have to rerout but I did end up bending the brake hose router (the crome loop down low) to get enough for lock to lock without worrying about putting to much pressure on the line. I may have simply been being careful but the hose seemed a little tight as it was.

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the feedback, all. I'm convinced enough to shell out the 80 buck and give it a try.

·
Enjoy the journey!
1,306 Posts
When I got my vn900 classic Lt it had a set of PhattII risers ion it. I had driven a stock VN900 classic the summer before at Red Lodge and did not care for it at all, the risers made a huge difference.

·
Winter Warrior
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, I got my SWR-11 risers from Scootworks today. The wife bailed out on me before I could get started, so I had to do them myself. What a PITA!! Anyway, after a hour of frustration and making up a few new choice swear words, I got them on.

My reaction? I rode into work today, a 1 hour trip each way. It was without a doubt, the most comfortable I've ever been on my 900. I was able to adjust the mustang seat back all the way, and just leeeeean back and stretch out my legs. Good times!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts