Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a while so I forget how many miles I need to put on a new tire. I just had my bike serviced and it needed a new front tire put on. I know the new tire needs to be worn in a bit before it's safe to ride in a regular fashion. How many miles do I need to put on the new tire before it is sufficiently scored to ride normally again? It's just a regular street tire, not one of those super stickies.

·
Registered
545 Posts
generally recommended is 100 miles to break the glaze off the tires. You can see the difference once it is wore in. I took mine to an empty parking lot and did some tight turns and figure 8's to scuff it up a little quicker.

·
Registered
57 Posts
generally recommended is 100 miles to break the glaze off the tires. You can see the difference once it is wore in. I took mine to an empty parking lot and did some tight turns and figure 8's to scuff it up a little quicker.
+1

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, 100 miles will take no time at all. I was hoping that it wouldn't because I don't want to be thinking about that on top of all the other things to worry about while riding.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Thanks, 100 miles will take no time at all. I was hoping that it wouldn't because I don't want to be thinking about that on top of all the other things to worry about while riding.
Also, I forgot to mention that the rougher the surface the quicker the scuff in. In other words, roads that are paved with the rough rock texture is perfect. We have a road near by that's 2 lane, long sweepers and rural that I love to use.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts