Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up!

I wish i would have found this forum earlier. I've learned a bit about my bike on my own/the hard way, most of which i could have just read here.

I have a 93 EX500 and have a small probem. I bought the bike with an oil leak in the front left shock. There was a small nick/burr on the shock. the chrome part. I called the dealership and they want to replace the front shocks to fix it. I can't believe i would have to replace it because of a nick that is sooooo small in size.

I want to avoid replacing the shocks. I have sanded it down with some very smooth sandpaper, and there is no burr left, and can hardly even feel where it used to be. Is there anything else i should do before having the seals replaced? Any suggestions?

Thanks for any input!
Eng

·
Registered
71 Posts
Small nicks and digs in Forks are not usually a problem as long as you have done as you say and removed the sharp edges.

I use Emery paper (Very fine grade) with a lubricant such as Duck oil or similar and take off the edges until i can run my fingers over the blemish and it feels smooth.
Never had one leak yet. :wink:

TOUCH WOOD !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts