Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally latched on to a few cans of Sea Foam & was wondering how much & when everybody uses the stuff?

I'm also thinking about using it in the car & truck (diesel) as the can says it's good in both gas & diesel.

Anybody ever used it in a car or diesel truck & if so, how did you like it???

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Sea Foam

Funny thing is that I use it in my vintage bike (only bike) a 1970 Suzuki TS250 2 stroke. It cleans the system! If you have ANYTHING that is not sopposed to be in the tank carbs or anywhere else in the system it will clean it! I have so much crud coming out of my fuel tank now that I started using it, that it has me scared! I've filled four gas filters now since I started using it. The carbon in my exhaust system I cleaned out with paint thinner, and now the bike with the sea foam in it has seriously increased in power! I'm not getting a penny for advertising...it really works! I have a Yamaha rearwheel and sprocket off of a 500 (according the the guy I bought it from) so I'm pulling a rear sprocket on the 18" wheel that must have about 70 teeth on it. I have a seriously wild ride from first through third then things are about normal for fourth and fifth. Top end redlined is 70MPH. I use diesel fuel to clean out a motor for cars and trucks when I want to get the performance back on an older vehicle. You dump about 6 oz of diesel slowly through the carb as you keep the car running and it will smoke like a dragster doing a burnout while you are dumping the diesel through it...if you look at the ground under the tailpipes after you have done this you will see all sorts of black garbage, carbon, on hte ground. You can also dump small amounts of it in your car or truck gas tank andit will continue to clean the topend. If you dumop the oil out of an engine then refill it with diesel (about a gallon) and then start it and let it run, like around hte block, or just about 5 minutes then drain it you will see some serious sludge come out of your engine. You should change the oil filter and use a cheap lightweight oil for about a day of so to clean out the remaining crud before replacing the oil and filter with what you wish to run from that point on.
Sea Foam will clean out the varnish, laquer, anything that is in your system. It works great! If you do use it you may find tiny wet crack lines in your rubber hoses, afterwards that were filled/glazed with garbage before. I'm happy with the product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts