Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard reference to something called Sea Foam, but can't find anything here by doing a search for it.

What exactly is sea foam????????????

·
Registered
5 Posts
sea foam is an engine cleaner that you can spray into the intake of the carbs. I've used this stuff yearly on my vehicles, but have never thought of using it on my bike.

you can get pour in and spray in types. with cars/trucks you pour it down the throttle body slowly until its almost all gone and then pour the rest of it in and stall the engine. let it sit for a while (longer the better...usually around 25 mins is good) and then start it up and take it for a spirited :D run

also, have the engine warm before doing this

i've also heard of people throwing 1/4 in the tank, 1/4 in the base and then feeding the rest in the TB....i just put it all in the TB

EDIT: depending on where you live, it may be hard to find sea foam....so you can get GM Top Engine Cleaner....same thing

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've used Sea Foam in my cars. The stuff is the sh&$. All of the junk blows straight out.

If you have to, try finding it on the internet to order it. If not, try and get someone that has access to it to ship you some.

·
Registered
60 Posts
By the way,

Most all car shops down here in NC have it. NAPA, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts, etc. Try looking at these if you have one near you. Or look at their websites.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it's some kick azz crap 8) 8)

Will have to track some down around these parts!!

Years and years ago we dumped water (slowly) down the carb to clean off the valves & top of the piston. Really blew lots of black smoke & if not done slowly could have done major dammage. however, it really cleaned up the mill.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i know i'm from the land of OZ but in a workshop i use to work at we used a product calls GM top end cleaner
sounds like similar stuff
and ramprat if you use water add a little trans fluid and give it a shake then put it in through a vac port ....... if you want to regulate it use a fish tank air hose valve add some clear tube then turn the knob slowly till you get enough flow

1 - 6 of 6 Posts