Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The MAC slip on muffler leaks at the joint to the header pipe. The thing has a huge ring clamp, but the lip on the muffler can is so stiff it doesn't really conform to the pipe enough to seal.

Any type of sealer that can be used to glue it up? I don't care if it is permanent, I won't be removing the can from the header again.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
What is the stuff they use on modern slip ons? My friend bought a huge tube of it for his Two Brothers Exhaust, it reminded me of a high temp silicone of come sort. You're supposed to let it cure for 2 hours I think. I dunno what it was called though.

·
Make Mine Pure BHP
1,174 Posts
I've used a Hi-temp silicon gasket sealant (made by Permatex), non-permanent, on my dirt bike, to seal the pipe where it meet the cylinder. It had copper in it to help seal better and it worked pretty good. I'd have to change it after every 3 or 4 weekend rides - all the bouncing around being a dirt bike 'n all.

I don't know why you couldn't use something similar in this case - as long as it stood up to the temps you'd be facing. Seems like all the slipons use a sealer of some kind or another. If you've got a local Cycle Gear I'd give them a call & see what they have, or what your local dealership uses.

:cool:

·
The Cruising Gunsmith
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll look for some kind of sealer. I thought maybe there was such a thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts