Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone else with a 1600 classic finds the seat uncomfortable on long rides. I find that after a couple of hours me butt gets sore from the seat. I have had a softer foam addd to it, but it still is not as comfortable. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations.

Cheers

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

yes i do :cry: change to a mustang seat and you can ride for hours
i think the rise on the back of the factory seat is too steep snd pushes on my back

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1600 seat comfort

well I took your advice and ordered the mustang seat. Not cheap, but it will be worth it if I can sit in comfort for a longer period of time.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

you'll be glad you did :wink: did you get the 2 peice touring or solo?

·
Premium Member
288 Posts
Hey Troy - Good investment. That stock seat is terrible! The fact that it curves up in the back is worthless. I've got the Mustang two-piece touring and it's great. I can slide back a bit - I'm 6' 2"- and the back of the seat, as well as the front of the passenger seat, supports the lower part of my back. Much more comfortable! You won't regret it.

·
Registered
837 Posts
8) mustang or corbin...you cant go wrong changing out that stock seat...thats the 1st thing i did with no regrets :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I purchased the Vintage Wide Touring seat, and by the sounds of it I am going to be happy with it. Thanks for all the feedback, it sure makes it easier to invest the money when other people have already traveled down this road.

Cheers

·
Registered
94 Posts
Troy let us know what you think once you've tried it out, I'm waiting for my seat to come in

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've not prices those models but I've found the vintage wide touring for $501.60, that's 130 less than retail at http://www.discountcycleparts.com
another place to check is A&B extreme Suzuki 1-800-646-7741, nice people and great customer service and great shipping prices. They have just started expanding into the Kawaski market. I bought my seat from them because the price was the same but the customer service was great. Their price for the seat was $514 and $10 for shipping, at dicount cycle the taxes made up the difference.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts