Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am Joe and this is my first post. I've read though some topics and liked the forums. So hello to everyone and I hope to enjoy my time here. But anyways to my question.

I have decided to buy the 2008 Ninja 250R as my first bike. Lime green of course lol, green is my favorite color. But I have a question about the passanger seat cowl. How exactly does it work. By that I mean, does it snap on or locked on or soemthing like that. Pretty much can someone just walk up to it and take it right off. Thank you for your time and hope to get a reply soon.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I don't know about the seat on the 08 Ninja but as a rider your bike is open to all. 99% of people will respect your property. I live in an area where if I forget my key on the bike it's not a real biggy. In other areas I have heard of some pretty peculiar stuff being taken.

Welcome, are you new to riding?

Dan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I sure am, i got my motorcycle lisence nov 5th and ive been anxiously waiting to get the money for the 08 and for it to come out lol. And i get were open cuz we dont have doors and locks and such, but i mean they have to have some way to keep someone from stealing it right lol. And thanks for the reply. I seriously can not wait for it to come out so i can buy one lol.

Edit: oh and i have to say ddouble that is awsome that people will respect your bike like that and not take it.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Did you get the license through the MSF course? I can almost feel your excitement. Getting a new toy is fun.

I live outside of four small towns, have lived here close to 20 years and was in retail for about half of those. My vehicles are very noticeable, everyone knows them and me, best security yet. I have ridden all over eastern North Carolina (13,000 miles last year), I avoid large cities, that's just who I am, crowds generally conceal that dishonest 1%. I have had people express interest in my bikes but never has anyone touched anything.

Dan

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i took the MSF course. I love it so much and the Coaches were amazing people. I live in a semi-small town that has been growing recently. And the amount of excitement i feel everyday when i think about riding that ninja makes me so happy lol. But i get what u mean about the 1% thing. After a few months of riding i plan to visit my family in and around Chicago so i was wondering about the whole cowl thing because if theres no security there ill just leave it at home, but it makes it look so freaken kool so i just wanna know if it locks in place like with the key or what ya know. But i hope to learn alot from all of u guys and girls in these forums and have fun riding and chatting with yall.

·
03 ZX-12R
609 Posts
don't know about the 250, but on my 12 the pass. seat slides into the cowl and held in place by two allen bolts.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK thats kool, so if someone wanted to steal it atleast they would have to have an allen key lol, thanks for the info, im sure they will probb be the same

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Hay Jams welcome to a great group of people here, I can not help as I ride a cruiser (soory) i just wanted to say welcome.

·
Vintage bike addict
4,812 Posts
All my bikes are probably older than you so I've no idea about the cowl. Welcome to the fold and be careful on your new baby when you get it. There are a lot of posts here regarding accidents. You might want to read them so you'll learn what to avoid.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you guys for the welcome, and ill make sure to read up on the accidents posts and i will deff be carefull with my new baby. when i get her lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts