Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any sore butts out there? I ride a Nomad and the long trips are murder on my backside after the first 100miles, then each 50 mile segment requires a short rest stop to relieve the burn. I was concerned about investing $3-400 on a new seat that might not be any better than the stock, as the burn takes awhile to set in and the cruiser magazines all say the Nomad seat is as good as any stock seat out there, even as good as most aftermarket seats. So I ordered some Tempurpedic foam, (memory foam) 1 inch thick and took an electric carving knife to my seat. I pulled the staples out and unwrapped the seat cover off the foam, then carved the top 1 inch or so off the seat. Then carefully applied the memory foam over the seat foam, trimming the edges so they conform to the original shape as much as possible. Then pull the cover back over the foam and tightly staple the cover back in place. I had to use a craftsman air stapler that shoots half inch crown staples, three eights long legs, as the hand stapler just bent the staples because they wouldn't penetrate the plastic composite seat frame. The air stapler worked great and the seat turned out looking like it had never been touched. The best part is the comfort is everything I had hoped for. It is so good the thought of seat comfort isn't even on my mind. I realized this after the first trip. I forgot to think about how comfortable the seat was! The whole mod cost me less than $10. The foam outlet I bought the foam from sells 10 pcs minimum so I have 9 left. Anybody that wants to buy some from me is welcome, at $5 a slab. They are 1 inch thick by 16 in. by 18in. Contact me at [email protected] P.S. The $10 I spent is for shipping and 1 pc of foam. I had to buy 10 pcs so would like to sell the rest to anybody to recoup the overbuy. Postage is $4.91 for a total of $9.91.

·
Registered
837 Posts
wow..thats cool if it works for you..i just chunked mine in the shed and bought a corbin..could'nt go the stock seat either :lol:

·
Registered
116 Posts
:?: Is one piece enough for the pas seat or do you need two pieces

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
memory foam for max comfort

boss hawg,
The foam is 16in.X18in. so you would need 2 pcs. for the 2 seats. I have 7 pcs left if you are interested, let me know. I have gotten positive e-mails on the mod. I love mine too. Can't beat the price. Teddymar

1 - 10 of 10 Posts