Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I have passengers on my 500r they always tend to slide towards me when I stop, resulting in an obvious state of non-comfort. I know that freakn modded his seat, but i was wondering if anyone has tried to mod the rear part of the seat, so that it doesn't tilt downward so much. I notice on other bikes that the passenger seat is more level, but on the 500r its slanted.
any ideas would be great.

ps-i don't want to buy a new seat

thanks.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinkin i could maybe shave some of the back seat (like freakin did with is front seat), so that there's more of a groove to sit in.

Anyone else have this passenger slide problem? i'm curious. getting crushed into the tank at every stop sucks. :?

·
Registered
167 Posts
You could tell your passenger to put their hand on the gas tank when you're coming to a stop to keep them from sliding forward. This way they're still holding on to you with at least one arm if you have to take off.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Just browsing in you guys' forum, if you come back to this thread, I cut my seat down in the front. I don't know how much foam you have in yours, but it seems like you could sculpt it to your own specs. That's how it worked on mine, even though it's a 25- year-old naked bike. The actual cutting and shaping was pretty simple...electric knife (turkey carving type) and a "cheese grater" made for shaping body filler. You'll have to figure out the removal and replacement details for your seat, and for the seat cover. Mine was a piece of cake. The whole thing took about an hour.

Ride safe...God bless1

-Ron 8)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts