Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I am new to the forum (I took a look just the other day and found that I had the answer to someones question so I felt it was my duty to join in and provide the info :wink:

I purchased a Classic 1500 in the fall (an 04) :D , I am 6' and find that I tend to sit in the back of the seat. I am wondering who out there has changed out their seats that really likes what they got? I tend to have a passenger every now and then, so I need to think of them also.

So...... first of all - hello all, second, let me know what you think
Also, I am open to any nifty knowledge on stuff for or around the C1500.

Thanks

Wild Bill

·
Registered
94 Posts
Welcome Wild Bill,
I'm also new to the board but everybody here is friendly and helpfull. I ask a similar question shortly after getting my 04 1600 classic, I did a lot of research and heard a lot great things about the mustang seats. I'm currently waiting for mine to come in, I have high expectations for the seat but if what I've heard from so many people is true I won't be dissappointed. I'll let you know when I get my seat and try it out. I'm riding my bike to Myrtle Beach next week(from Virginia Beach) I hope to know before I leave.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mustang seat

I took delivery of my Mustang Regal Wide Touring Seat the other day, I can tell you with just a couple of 50 mile rides that I can tell a big difference. I hade a Corbin tour seat on my last bike and it was OK but this Mustang seat rides so much better. With Mustang you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply guys,

Can you guys give me an idea of what kind of pricing we are talking for this type of seat option? Ive been to a few sites on some 'specialty' items and man :shock: were they proud of their stuff!!

Hey cfoodcom, you wouldn't happen to have any pics with the new seat would you? 8)

I appreciate the great info and the shared interests

There are too many Harley junkies around here

WB

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

i use mustang also-the corbin is a good seat just puts me back farther than the mustang

your prolly going to spend 500-600 for a good 2up seat :cry:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Wild Bill, I have an 01 Nomad FI with 3 piece Mustang Wide Vintage, it's got nearly 32K on it and almost looks like new. I and my passenger love it. Check out www.mustangseats.com for msrp and styles. You can save a little if you buy from an outfit in San Antonio TX called Wing Things. Ive bought from them several times. They are responsive and don't tell you they have something in stock when they don't. They also send an email when merchandise is shipped and give you a ups tracking number. Try them at www.wingthings-texas.com

·
Registered
837 Posts
corbin here...like bike said..it sets you back and a little lower on the scoot.comfortable and looks good...we ride 2up all the time and are both great...corbin or mustang are about the same in price. your going to pay 500 to 700 on a 2up seat.check out at directparts.com.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Bud, which Corbin set did you get? also, got any pics?

Thanks

WB

·
Registered
837 Posts
i have the corbin touring studded with removeable back rest.no pic's but can do...i'll get one.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Bill I have searched hi and low and the best price I found was at www.discountcycle.com but a little slow on customer service so I bought mine from Kathy at A&B Extreme for for the same price to my door. $525.00 but I would have had to pay tax from discount

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
USS,

Thanks for the suggestions on dealers. You said you were getting the Mustang seats, what seat and options did you choose?

Based on everyone's great input, I have taken a look at both the Mustang and Corbin seats. I see things that I like in both. I am very interested in seeing some on some bikes ( a few above have said they might be able to post some pics :D

Bike had stated that the Corbin seat put him back further than the Mustang, this might actually be a good thing for me as I seem to end up way in the back of the stock seat anyway.

WB

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

not a very good pic but this is the solo stang on my 800classic

·
Registered
94 Posts
I went with the vintage wide with driver backrest. I was at the Bluegrass Bikefest in Louisville, KY a couple of weeks ago and talked to lots of people about which seat to get, the overwhelming majority said Mustang. And everyone agreed you wont go wrong with a mustang. I was already leaning toward the mustang but so many people saying how great the mustang was I figured it was a safe bet

·
Registered
837 Posts
heres some corbin pics wild bill. backrest is at a buds house.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts