Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did some research on here but did not see anything that answered my question.

I am 6'8" and owned a 2006 Classic and just traded it in for a 2008 Nomad. I found out the hard way I need a taller windscreen but the question I have is this.

I HATE my seat on the Nomad and miss my classic seat :cry: . I called Kawasaki and they said the seats are not interchangable.

The problem is the Nomad seat is harder and sits higher then the Classic. I would like to know from people that had this problem, which seat you got and if it is softer and sits lower.

·
Real Men Drive Trucks
1,058 Posts
I feel your pain! The stock seat on my '07 Nomad always felt like it was wripping my azz off. I had to take a break at least every hour. I switched to Mustang seats and now I can ride between gas stops with no problems, that's about 165 miles. It also seems like I sit "in" the Mustang seat vs "on" the stock seat. They work!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Kawasaki Versys 1000 cc just had the seat done with phone and ride on the bike still my ass hurts is there anything I can make the ride on my bike a lot better with that seat it seems to pinch my ass don't think I can get gel seat cover because most of the the original seat has been cut away and foam ma has been put in place and still uncomfortable

·
973 Posts
You could try throwing a sheepskin over top or a wooden bead mat. Or you could throw away the stock seat and buy a third party one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been riding cycles since I was 14 years old, mostly racing dirt bikes in Enduro's, Hare Scrambles and Hill Climbs. Now I'm a old worn out retired mechanic but I ride Cruisers. I can ride about 200 to 300 miles a day but the standard cycle seat with a sheepskin doesn't seem to be very soft after sitting 1 1/2 hours. I try to stand on the pegs for a little while to give my caboose a rest. Does this happen to anybody else? Any ideas on something better to sit on. Thanks,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Yes it happens to me only worse. After fifty years of riding I am to the point where 50 to 60 miles is my limit. So frustrating to be out on a perfect day and be forced home do to extreme discomfort. I have used both Corbin and Sargent seats and they help. With a stock seat I would only make it to perhaps 30 miles. Sadly it may be time to sell the motorcycles.

·
Super Moderator
10,810 Posts
For me it wasn't the seat, it was the bike. The laid back posture of a crruiser was killing me. In 2008 I switched styles to a sport touring Yamaha FJR and haven't looked back. I added some ergo improvements for my comfort by pulling the bars back and up & a larger wind shield. So far I have 130, 8xx miles on this bike. We've been from Maine to Mobile and Key West to Ohio together.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I did some research on here but did not see anything that answered my question.

I am 6'8" and owned a 2006 Classic and just traded it in for a 2008 Nomad. I found out the hard way I need a taller windscreen but the question I have is this.

I HATE my seat on the Nomad and miss my classic seat :cry: . I called Kawasaki and they said the seats are not interchangable.

The problem is the Nomad seat is harder and sits higher then the Classic. I would like to know from people that had this problem, which seat you got and if it is softer and sits lower.
Before you go with a taller windshield, try adding some deflectors to your engine guard. Mine are roughly 10"x6", notched to clear the tank, angled slightly back at the top and mounted with 2 P clamps. Adel #20 WDG type work fine. You can always replace them with some fancy chrome ones once it's working. Object being to force the air that is now hitting you from below up into the low pressure area behind the shield which is the cause of most turbulence. (look up karman vortex street) A larger shield on my 04 Nomad just made the vacuum behind it worse, as did larger lowers which were in the same plane as the shield, Adding a Goldwing vent didn't really help, the airflow choked off around 35-40 mph and it became useless.

On my current bike I have a Madstad shield for a Roadglide mounted to a stock size Clearview that has been cut down 5". The 2 layers get rid of any turbulence coming over the top that the deflectors didn't fix and I still look over it. 75 down the interstate in an open-face helmet is now comfortable.

As for the seat, I use an AirHawk R cushion, even on my Mustang and Corbin etc. Takes a bit to get the air pressure set correctly. Should feel pretty much flat when cold, it will expand once it warms up. makes pretty much any seat better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts