Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The stock seats aren't very comfortable, especially for the passenger. Anyone have any recommendations?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Since I have a Corbin saddle on my M/S I guess that makes me prejudiced, but I like the Corbin quality.On my bike at least this saddle seems to allow a lower riding position. They offer a large number os styles in solo and two up models. You can contact a real live person to see what would work for you.
www.corbin.com

·
Registered
5,200 Posts
bruin said:
The stock seats aren't very comfortable, especially for the passenger. Anyone have any recommendations?
I've got a corbin too,an I like it. But you may not, plus corbin only makes one style for the 800 . A gunfighter and a gunfighter an lady. Mustang makes a few different styles including one that looks like the corbin. Your Butt will be the judge not you. :grin:

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
I had a Mustang two-piece seat on mine and it was great.

·
Rebel Rider
3,646 Posts
I have the Mustang Wide Vintage Touring. It is great. My wife loves the pillion. Much better than the stock.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I had the mustang wide touring on mine and it was better than stock but would get uncomfortable after about an hour or so. I was told my butt was too skinny. I read on another post that fat buts like mustangs and thin butts like Corbin.

Other than that the quality of the Mustang seat was awesome.

I am looking at a Corbin for Thor. but I am looking at 450.00. I think it is going to have to wait at that price.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I bought a mustang one piece. I thought the stock seat was ok for me but the wife complained. When I went to the mustang, wow, not only the wife was happy but it wass like night and day for me too. It slings you deeper into the bike and gives you sort of a backrest. Expensive but worth it. www.allgear.net

·
Registered
875 Posts
centerpunch said:
I had the mustang wide touring on mine and it was better than stock but would get uncomfortable after about an hour or so. I was told my butt was too skinny. I read on another post that fat buts like mustangs and thin butts like Corbin.

CP,
So you are saying that you are a skinny butt and the rest of us are a bunch of fat butts! ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just got the mustang solo over the winter...only had a couple of short rides on it but the difference is amazing...picked it up new for 290 shipped...I tried several times to get one on ebay used but I kept getting outbid at almost full retail price...it should tell you something about the quality of the seat if someone is willing to pay almost retail for a used seat...just f.y.i. I am more of a skinny butt

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ive got the wide one piece touring seat from Mustang and its a nice seat.I think the majority of riders who ride 2-up would recomend this seat although I seldom ride 2-up bought this seat on e-bay new for $315.Oh and I've got a medium butt.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another vote for Mustang here. Not saying it's better than the Corbin (cause I've never owned one) just saying it's way better than the stock seat. Used to stop every 75-100 miles with the stock seat.. Now I only stop for gas and have done 2 trips of well over 2,000 miles with no complaints.

I have the wide 2 piece as well. And got it from allgear.net . Think I found it a few bucks cheaper elsewhere later on. Can't remember where.

·
Ludicrous Speed...GO!
1,866 Posts
I used to have a Corbin Gunfighter on my 800b and it was extremely comfortable. I could drive all day on that without any pain.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

mustang studded solo is on mine - i love it :wink:

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the Mustang Wide Vintage Touring and I love it, I paid extra for the drivere backrest but I highly recommend it and I got a great deal on it at www.discountcycleparts.com and saved over $150 off retail price, that's what I call a good deal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts