Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend! December 11-13, next to Qwest Field. Come one, come all. I'll be hanging out in the Club Connection booth Sunday until about 1:00pm in order to get free admission.:smile:

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Charlie sorry I will miss you. I will stop by the show on the way home tomorrow night. I will be there when it opens and meet up with a friend of mine. Have you been riding this week? Last week I did.....not this week thank you...

·
Loud Pipes Keep Me Awake
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie sorry I will miss you. I will stop by the show on the way home tomorrow night. I will be there when it opens and meet up with a friend of mine. Have you been riding this week? Last week I did.....not this week thank you...
This week the only rides I've done were in my dreams. Every night the road crews spray deicer on everything, and it makes everything kinda slick. Not to mention it's below twenty degrees F every morning.........:eek:

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,391 Posts
I'm going this weekend, not sure what day or what time but I'll be there

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
This week the only rides I've done were in my dreams. Every night the road crews spray deicer on everything, and it makes everything kinda slick. Not to mention it's below twenty degrees F every morning.........:eek:
There's a certain irony in that...

You know how to find me. See you there.
It's easy to find you - you have your name right on your bike... ;)

·
TV Guru
11,779 Posts
It helps me find my bike in parking lots.:newyear:
You see, my tactic is to leave mine next to either a bunch of Harleys or really fast sport bikes.

When they get stolen, it leaves my vintage Honda out in the open with nothing around it. It's easy to spot then.

Oh yeah, and I ride a bike that was only made for one year...that helps, too... ;)

·
Registered
90 Posts
[/QUOTE]Oh yeah, and I ride a bike that was only made for one year...that helps, too... ;)[/QUOTE]

CTRider......my first registered and insured streetbike was a '83 Honda CX650 Custom which was also only made for one year as a tribute to the CX500. I was always asked "Aint that engine sideways?":shock: It was in perfect condition when I sold it....wish I had it back........STEVE

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
Considering its only the second bike show I've been to (the other one was Also in Seattle, but in 1983), I thought it was pretty cool. I also scored a $400 jacket for $125! :tongue: WOO HOO! Pays to go on the final afternoon.

·
We need a Sarcasm Font!
3,864 Posts
Considering its only the second bike show I've been to (the other one was Also in Seattle, but in 1983), I thought it was pretty cool. I also scored a $400 jacket for $125! :tongue: WOO HOO! Pays to go on the final afternoon.
Wow! Great find! Did you get any pics of new stuff coming?

·
Crazed Zed-head
2,076 Posts
No pics, unfortunately. Seemed to me there was not too much new stuff, just different takes on old stuff. The only thing that sticks in my mind is that Honda, Yamaha and Kawi, IIRC, have fielded their versions of retro-ish blacked out customs. Oh, that and a horribly ugly 100% carbon fiber look V-Max. How could Yamaha ruin such a great bike?

Take that comment about not much new stuff with a grain of salt, though. Dirt bikes and DS bikes I have no interest in, and all sport bikes look alike to me. The only ones I drooled over were a ten year old (I think) MV Augusta with the four pipes under the seat, and the new sportbike from BMW (I still like the K1300S better).

On the vintage side, lots of cool bikes displayed but not a single Mach, Z-1, or KZ could I find. I think every possible iteration and year of the BMW GS was on display. The only Kawi I remember seeing outside the Kawi new bike display was some sort of 175cc single bolted to a sidecar the size of my first apartment.

Lots of "reduced price" signs on new bikes, though. Kind of sad...

·
37,391 Posts
I found the show to be lackluster. fewer than ever vendors hawking their wares but there were deals to be found like the nice $125 jacket for $25 I found

Other than that, it was a fun afternoon at the show followed by a wonderful seafood dinner down on the waterfront.

·
Novice Tank Roller
15,810 Posts
I found the show to be lackluster. fewer than ever vendors hawking their wares but there were deals to be found like the nice $125 jacket for $25 I found

Other than that, it was a fun afternoon at the show followed by a wonderful seafood dinner down on the waterfront.
Gee...I wonder if they're gonna have that at the Greenville SC show. :confused:

·
37,391 Posts
Gee...I wonder if they're gonna have that at the Greenville SC show. :confused:
I can't speak for the Greenville SC show but the Seattle show I had the Steak and Lobster, my lady friend had the two lobster tail dinner, we shared an appetizer of crab dip and both had a couple of adult beverages. was quite yummy. The place was called The Fishermans Resturante at Pier 57. Maybe they can get that to the show in SC too?

|| Welcome to the Fisherman's Restaurant located at the Bay Pavilion on Seattle's Waterfront Pier 57 ||

·
Premium Member
1,037 Posts
Dave it sounds like after you froze her a$$ off going to Winthrop you were doing a bit of making up....:lol: I trust the V2k stayed home on this trip.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.