Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2003 zx6rr had kawasaki camshafts and valve springs installed.
after it was put back together I get a error that tells me that my secondary throttle butterfly valve is bad. I know this is not true b/c I swapped throttlebodies and it is still there. also swapped ecu's error is still there. Does anyone have any suggestions and has anyone else out there done anything like this?? if so I would appreciate any help on this problem. [email protected]

·
Registered
71 Posts
A little back ground info....

Who did the work yourself or a dealer ?
This ones just me being curious, But why new Cams and Springs ?

Have you checked the connectors and wiring to the Throttle and Sub Throttle Tps's ?

When you turn the Ignition on does the Throttle body go through it's position check ?

Does the bike run ? (I suspect not)

Which code is the FI light giving you ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Fi light

I know it's a long time ago... but... Did you guys ever figure out why the FI light was coming on? I have the same problem. Had a factory Tech do the work here at my garage. He knows what he's doing. We just did a valve check. All were ok and just buttoned it back up.. .then... Fi light and butterflys acting up. He's scratching his head too. We even got a new Throttle Body asmbly. As with the first one, Secondary's open and close jittery then throw an fi light. Runs fine, Fi light goes out over about 4K rpm... then back on at anything below that. Checked all connectors and it's throwing a code 62. But can't find the problem. Suggestions?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I know it's a long time ago... but... Did you guys ever figure out why the FI light was coming on? I have the same problem.* Had a factory Tech do the work here at my garage.* He knows what he's doing.* We just did a valve check.* All were ok and just buttoned it back up.. .then... Fi light and butterflys acting up.* He's scratching his head too.* We even got a new Throttle Body asmbly.* As with the first one, Secondary's open and close jittery then throw an fi light.* Runs fine, Fi light goes out over about 4K rpm... then back on at anything below that.* Checked all connectors and it's throwing a code 62.* But can't find the problem.* Suggestions?
call me.618-727-6645.i can probably help you.thanks.sonny

·
Registered
12 Posts
Crazy... just got off the phone with a dealer here in San Diego who said 03 04 "636" are the same part number... confusing. Thanks Sony, Rex

·
Registered
12 Posts
OK, Just to finish up this issue... A pal of mine found an ECU out of a trashed (front end) ZX636. He let me borrow it to see if that was the problem. After 3, 5 hour days... changing the ECU was the only thing we hadn't done. Plugged it in and Poof! Fixed. Operated smoothely and runs just fine. We all figured that if the STB's were "working" even if not smoothly, it wasn't the ECU but.. it was. Payed $100 for the used ECU and all is well and the bike, once again, pulls strong all the way to redline. Might be my imagination but it's running as well as it ever has. Now, if anyone else has that problem, we know the solution. Sonny! Thanks for your input! - Rex

1 - 8 of 8 Posts