Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there has been alot of breakins into cars lately, including my brothers car so i wanted to add an alarm to my 250R.

I have a wheellock now but want more...any suggestions?

I would like a pager...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Scorpio - Only negative thing was the pager almost had to be line of sight to work well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
**** so if it goes off and the pager is like 50ft away in my house it wont let me know its going off??????? :(

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
The issues they had were a while ago and they may have fixed them...ie different transmitter. Basically a 1 watt transmitter would be no prblem to get 50ft. Its like the little radios you see all over the place people using for families. If you can get reception with a 1 watt deal - should be ok for the Scorpio. Ask around and maybe a few other people have them. I am looking for a link that talked about a GPS with a cell connection alarm. It will call you or page you on your pager etc.....

·
Registered
412 Posts
Have one on mine, should work just fine on your 50 feet. Mine does great in my house and it is about 45 feet from where I normally keep it. Have used it in stores and church and never lost the signal. Seams to have trouble reacquiring it again after it loess the signal though. I have gone over 5 miles (the absolute longest) from my house and it was still communicating. But once the signal is lost have had to be as close as my own driveway before it found it again. Sometimes farther away, but no closer then my own block.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hmmmmm nice what about systems without pagers for less like 200orless? i dont think i want to spend 300$

1 - 6 of 6 Posts