Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Been reading these forums for a while and really enjoy them, although I don't post much :mrgreen:. Unfortunately due to work cutting pay and my wife and I having a baby due in one month I am forced to sell my Nomad :frown:. This is hard for me because I love this motorcycle, but I have no choice and will do what I must.

2009 Kawasaki Nomad 1700, black, 4000+ miles, garage kept. The bike is in excellent shape is a smooth ride. I need $12,900.00 for payoff. Nothing more nothing less. All maintenance done by the dealer. It's not a bad deal.

I live in Dora, AL which is just outside of Birmingham. Contact me at [email protected] with your name and contact info, or just request me to send you my number and info.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Not to come off as a jerk or anything...but if you really want to sell that bike, you're gonna need to come down to a more realistic price. For comparison, I bought my 2008 two-tone new this year with a lightbar thrown in for 11,800. I've read about a lot of guys getting theirs new for just over 12k. Good luck with your sale, my condolences on having to sell the bike.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Oh man, sorry to hear that. Congrats on the baby and good luck on your sell.

·
oldbiker
49 Posts
You can get another bike in the future,they make them all the time. A child on the other hand is priceless! congradulations.

·
Crazy Old Guy
1,189 Posts
Isn't a 2008 Nomad a 1600? and carbureted? The 2009 Nomad is a 1700 and fuel injected. Besides, he's not trying to get rich, just get out of the payments (shrug) . . .

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Isn't a 2008 Nomad a 1600? and carbureted? The 2009 Nomad is a 1700 and fuel injected. Besides, he's not trying to get rich, just get out of the payments (shrug) . . .
Good point! It didn't even click in my mind that a 2008 Nomad was a 1600 so I looked up the value on kbb.com for a 2009 Nomad and what I found was not so favorable. For this bike using my zip code 75002 the retail value comes up to $10,735 but everyone knows you can get it for less than this retail price at the dealer and for and even for less on the streets. Trade in value was even worst!! it came up to $7610.

This reminds me of my similar scenario over six years ago. I applied for a mortgage loan but me been the only one providing income in the house hold and having two new vehicles the bank asked me to let one go and they recommended the most expensive one which was a new two month old Honda Pilot. I put it for sale for what I owed but no one took interest so after a month I had no choice but to go to car max and they bought it but I had to write a $2,300 check to pay the difference. In Mr. brandonfromalabama case his about $2,165 short of what he owes and what the bike is worth and looks like he will be in the same spot I was. Having said that now I see Mr. Heath3n point as well.

Man, it sucks that these Vulcan’s seem to loose a lot of value when they're good reliable machines.

My advise to Mr. brandonfromalabama is to hold to it as much as you can. When it rains it pours but then the sun comes right back! I would rather cut my cable, home phone, internet and even my cell phone before I give up my bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts