Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Formerly Vulcanized
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thank you to all of you who post here. I've had my 900 for three years, and 21,000 miles later it's been a great bike. During these three years, I've performed various upgrades to the bike with the info I got here and it's been really helpful!!

Hopefully I won't get flamed too much, but I'm getting a Victory Vision as my next bike, so the wife and I can do some touring. The 900 was my second bike and I'm really sad to see her go, but I can't believe what I've had to list it at to sell her either! In fact, I just removed all the aftermarket stuff and Ebay'd it separately just to try and recoup some of the cost... but, I guess I don't ride for economic reasons anyway!

Again, thanks for all the help, I plan on lurking just as much as I did this whole time!!! as you can tell by my 37 posts in three years! lol!

Sinecerely
Mike Bixby

·
Matt
455 Posts
That 900 is a great bike. I am selling mine after almost 35,000 miles. The vision is a great bike too. I was looking at a Cross Roads or Cross Country but the prices on the 09 Nomads are just too good to pass up. Have Fun.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
Congrats on your new ride when you get it. Make sure and share some pictures when available :)

·
Actually, EX-CarGuy
596 Posts
Enjoy the new Vision. You'll be "stylin'" with that style!!

·
Formerly Vulcanized
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Appreciate the feedback! I'll be sure to post pics of my new bike once it's done. I'm having pipes installed and getting some of the trim painted black as opposed to the brushed aluminum look that comes stock. But once it's done, I will share it with the board here.

Bix

·
I miss you, Deron
19,783 Posts
Congratulations on the Victory! I was looking at their bikes a few weeks ago, and they look great.

·
Formerly Vulcanized
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congratulations on the Victory! I was looking at their bikes a few weeks ago, and they look great.
Thanks Jukief!

Just came back from the shop where my bike is... Having new pipes and the trim painted a different color. I'll be sure and post some pics... probably won't be ready till next Wednesday at the earliest though... But for some reason I can't quit smiling!!! LOL!

Bix

·
Big, Bald, Beautiful!
283 Posts
Hate to hear you're leaving the Vulcan family, but FLAME?? US!!?

I myself would *LOVE* to have a Victory Cross Country one of these days. :D Congratz on the new ride, and yes! PICS!

·
Formerly Vulcanized
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hate to hear you're leaving the Vulcan family, but FLAME?? US!!?

I myself would *LOVE* to have a Victory Cross Country one of these days. :D Congratz on the new ride, and yes! PICS!
Sketso, you're right. Everyone replying to this thread has been super cool about moving to a Victory! What was I thinking?!?!? lol

Anyway, I sold the Kawi last night. Funny thing is I removed the baffles from my 900 3 years ago, and had never heard anyone else ride it, until the guy who bought it rode it away... it sounded pretty good! Anyway, as I watched him drive off, my wife said, just remember what you're getting... I was pretty sorry to see her go, a really great bike! Tonight I picked out the color for the trim pieces on my vision, the main color is super steel grey, and I'm having all the trim painted black pearl, I'm really thinking it's gonna look sharp, so pictures for sure when it's done...

Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts