Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly, I am selling my 800. I love her dearly, but I am trading her in on a HD Softail Standard.

I want to say first that I love my Kawi and I am very sad to let her go. The sad thing is that our local Kawi dealer is not the best around. HD is taking care of my needs and is offering better financing and I have decided that the HD is the better bike for the money.

I am certainly going to hang around as the folks here are the best around and I have learned so much from the members on this forum. I will be making the exchange in a week and I will post up pics as soon as I can.

I cleaned up the Kawi yesterday and it was emotional. The bike has took me on a path that I have been looking for my entire life. Riding it alongside my wife has brought me closer to her and has given me a new outlook on life. 5 stars to Kawasaki and the Vulcan, she served me well and I will always have a soft spot for my first bike.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still have the old Kawasaki emblems that came with my bike. Just in case you need them. J/K :)

HD's are good bikes, they're kinda like the Nike brand. No matter what you have you always want one deep in your heart.
I like that idea! Haha... like I said, I am not going anywhere.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am soooooo happy that my husband finally gets a beautiful bike. Loved his Kawi was always jealous of his mods but grew up on a Harley. Gonna miss the forum but am very excited for him. Cant wait to go to Sturgeous together. So glad the Gods have blessed him. Hope we can still hang with you guys cause your cool. I love Harley's but you guys have been very good to us. Ride to live Ride to die. Raven (Redcaps's ole lady).

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Talk about sellers remorse!!! I sure miss my Kawi and got ripped off on my trade in. Should of kept her in my stable, she is the second bike I have sold with regrets :( I love Kawis and would have been very happy had I found one that I loved this time around. I definitely will buy another eventually.

That being said, I am soooo excited to pick up my new bike tomorrow!!! It shipped up from Arizona and is due by Saturday at the latest. Man is she gorgeous and came with a ton of mods like my old bike.

As you can see, the wifey has begged me to get a Harley for a while. She grew up with them and has a pot iron chip on her shoulder, hehe. I gave in to her demands, but I find it funny that I snagged the metric with the Porsche engine and a radiator :p

Here she is... 2006 HD VRSCD...

She is the opposite of my VN800B and I see an adventurous season ahead of me.

WOHOO!

·
Grade "A" Poser
2,455 Posts
Firewall at work blocks the pics so I'll check out your new ride from home. Although I'm looking forward to the day I upgrade to a bigger bike I really want to keep my 800 too. Its my first bike and I've been riding it for 6 years now. That bike has taken me to Sturgis, Daytona Beach and a ton of other great rides. I can't imagine giving it up.

·
This We'll Defend
1,374 Posts
Good looking bike... You're not the first person I've seen regretting the sale of their 800... I see a little Sons of Anarchy in that front fairing... are those go fast pegs in the middle there?

Congrats on the new scoot!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Nice choice R-Cap. I'm a sport biker by heart and have latched onto my V-900 for a year to see if I enjoy the cruiser lifestyle with the local group I belong to. So far, so good. If all goes well with this I'm seriously looking at the HD Fatboy Lo for a possible upgrade in 2011. Since it just came out in 2010 I'll watch the product reviews, etc. It is ergonomically very friendly not to mention sharp lookin! The denim black is the one I'm after... again congrats on the new bike!

·
2x the bike for 1/2 the $
1,175 Posts
Talk about sellers remorse!!! I sure miss my Kawi and got ripped off on my trade in. Should of kept her in my stable, she is the second bike I have sold with regrets :( I love Kawis and would have been very happy had I found one that I loved this time around. I definitely will buy another eventually.

That being said, I am soooo excited to pick up my new bike tomorrow!!! It shipped up from Arizona and is due by Saturday at the latest. Man is she gorgeous and came with a ton of mods like my old bike.

As you can see, the wifey has begged me to get a Harley for a while. She grew up with them and has a pot iron chip on her shoulder, hehe. I gave in to her demands, but I find it funny that I snagged the metric with the Porsche engine and a radiator :p

Here she is... 2006 HD VRSCD...

She is the opposite of my VN800B and I see an adventurous season ahead of me.

WOHOO!
grrr.. thats the bike I want.. :mad: assho!e! :wink: :lol: Congrats on the bike! Be sure to post your personal review once you get and ride that sweet machine! I want to know what to look forward to in a few years when I'm ready to buy..

·
Registered
887 Posts
Congrats on the V-rod, desided against the softail ? Or did you get a better deal on the V-rod? I really liked my 800, glad I bought it, still have it, but undesided weather to keep it. I just don't have time to ride both, and I keep finding more things to do to the harley, so I could use the cash. I've never rode the v-rod but I do love the fatboy, even though it's heavier it's well balanced and easyer to handle than the 800. Good luck and have loads of fun.

·
living in 3/4 time
321 Posts
Enjoy the soft tail. I went through the same thing when I started looking for a new bike and the only 1 that had everything I wanted on it was the RK. I am glad I made the switch, even though I loved the kaw. As soon as the weather breaks I am off to put a lot more miles on the RK. (We lost our Kaw dealer in my area because they had such poor service, and the Local HD shop is great with customer service. In the end that is what sells the bikes)

·
The 717
1,271 Posts
Redcap, you should check out the March issue of American Iron Magazine. They have a guy that did some interesting stuff to a Vrod. You might be interested in some of his mods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.