Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi members.
Help needed please if anyone can help.
2005 z750.
I've fitted new sequential indicators and bypassed the rely so they work but now my indicator light on the cluster is permanently on when signalling which I don't mind but is this an mot fail or not and is there a way of solving this.

Thanks 馃槉

Super Moderator
This may apply, may not. I'm not sure of the specifics of your bike but hopefully this will help:

Way back, I changed the lighting on the rear of a 1500 Classic. Because it had only one turn signal indicating light on the dash, the change caused some back feeding causing the light to stay on all the time. A simple diode setup from Kuryakyn solved it straightaway. Cheap, easy to install. Maybe??

Super Moderator
There was a discussion on this quite recently. If I recall correctly the indicator light staying on is collateral damage from switching to sequential indicators and bypassing the relay. I think there was a workaround, so try searching for led turn signals and set the search window for one year or less. Should not be too hard to find.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This may apply, may not. I'm not sure of the specifics of your bike but hopefully this will help:

Way back, I changed the lighting on the rear of a 1500 Classic. Because it had only one turn signal indicating light on the dash, the change caused some back feeding causing the light to stay on all the time. A simple diode setup from Kuryakyn solved it straightaway. Cheap, easy to install. Maybe??

That's great but mine as a left and right light.

Registered
As WFO said, it鈥檚 collateral damage. You have to bypass the relay fir the sequential indicators to work but need the relay to create the flash at the bulb.

I don鈥檛 think it鈥檚 an MOT failure though.

There doesn鈥檛 appear to be any mention of the indicator warning light having to flash.

Registered
If your new set-up is LED you electrical system is not getting the correct resistance. It's thinking that there's a bulb out and giving an indication as such. It will probably need to be corrected by installing load correcting resistors in the circuit. You can find them in a million places on the 'net.

Registered
If your new set-up is LED you electrical system is not getting the correct resistance. It's thinking that there's a bulb out and giving an indication as such. It will probably need to be corrected by installing load correcting resistors in the circuit. You can find them in a million places on the 'net.
In general, you are correct but in this instance with sequential indicators, load resistors are usually incorporated into the lamps themselves.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts