Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over in the corners I mean.
Started rideing in 69, running around the northwestern Ozarks. I love crankers and sweepers. Thought I had lost my touch with the last bike. VTX. It slopped around in the corners and would break a sweat when she got out of the line you wanted. But found lots of complaints about that on boards. Everything I every enjoyed about motorcycling is back, BIG TIME! Its called Nomad. Still on the honeymoon but I am finding out how stable it is. Weather cleared enought here to ride to work today and I still got a big ole grin on my face. This is one fine machine, it stops great, and corners like a small bike. Got to get the first check up out of the way and look for putting some road under this monster. This bike just keeps getting better. I'm so tickled with this purchase I just got to blab about it.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Glad you like the Nomad. Kawasaki has come a long way since the early days as for handling and braking. They always ran great but now...they're awesome machines. Enjoy your baby and ride safe!

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
Congrats, Metric.... yeah, she's a beauty, huh? Do you have any pics of her??

·
Poser Proud®
3,778 Posts
The Nomad is one great machine. Glad you are having fun. Just be careful, you know how Texas drivers can be. ;)

·
Registered
966 Posts
Glad your enjoying your New Nad, nothing Like riding something you love LOL :)

·
Thanks to all Veterans!!!
16,933 Posts
SUPER NICE color scheme!!! Sweet ride, I'm loving it. If they had that color scheme when I bought my Classic, I'd have a Nomad myself.

·
Perpetual Motion
6,663 Posts
I love that color combination. I'd have to say my favorite so far.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I love the colors on your Nad! Same as my Classic. Great look, and I have to agree with you about the handling. Both the Nomad and the Classic do very well in the twisties, for their size.

·
Live Long & Prosper
556 Posts
MJ, (kinda a Spidermanish moniker 8) )

I too have a Nomad that is just headed to its first service level. I know that isn't much of a test compared to the many thousands of miles some of the members in this forum have accumulated, but in those miles it's been a great bike. I enjoy it more with every ride!

·
Registered
290 Posts
I absolutely love those colors! Very nice. I sat on one like that a couple weeks ago and just about traded in my 1500 on the spot.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
Man I'm gettin old. Who is Ricky Martin? Dean's son?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, but really William Hung, American Idol dude. NOT Deans son. LOL
This bike makes me feel like the very first bike I had, looking for any excuse to ride. Used to ride from TX up to MO. and have wanted to again but the X (bike) just was not the tripin kind. But the Nad will make the trip I am sure.
Some of the goodies have come in and I need to start installing.
This is a great bunch of folks on this board, thanks.

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
Yeah, but really William Hung, American Idol dude. NOT Deans son. LOL
This bike makes me feel like the very first bike I had, looking for any excuse to ride. Used to ride from TX up to MO. and have wanted to again but the X (bike) just was not the tripin kind. But the Nad will make the trip I am sure.
Some of the goodies have come in and I need to start installing.
This is a great bunch of folks on this board, thanks.
Have fun upgrading/modding. Don't forget to get the wife a gift. ;)

·
Power Hungry V2K Rider
6,395 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. It just keeps getting better. But, be careful out there. There are unscrupulous people who will want you to add things to it. Like risers, pipes, seats, chrome, chrome and more chrome...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Congratulations on the Nomad. In my opinion it is one of the best things to come out of Japan or anywhere else for that matter. I got mine last March and have 8,000 plus on it and it has never balked at anything I've asked it to do. Have scrapped the floorboards in hard leans with no ill effects.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts