Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got finished adjusting and lubing my chain when I went on vacation. When I came back, I hopped on the bike for a nice ride. For some reason, when the bike is stopped in first and the clutch disengaged, it tries to pull forward and will not allow me to roll back. Also, if I have it in gear with the clutch disengaged and am running under 10 MPH, the chain starts jumping up and down. Did I over tighten the chain or ??? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
456 Posts
According to the Cook principle (when something's wrong, the first place to look is the last thing you worked on) you should consider the chain. But I have to agree with Whitey. It sounds like the clutch is improperly adjusted, and it won't fully disengage. Any chance you worked on that or fiddled with it or bumped it while you were lubricating the chain?
Curt

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any chance you worked on that or fiddled with it or bumped it while you were lubricating the chain?
I don't believe I touched it. However, my garage is shared between two other families with kids. They may have touched it while I was on vacation. Or even possibly while I was parked and the bike was unattended. Kids, they are :evil: I tell ya!

Anyhow, after I got to work I spent a few minutes out there with my Haynes manual and fiddled with clutch and the bike is a whole lot happier now.

Thanks for everyone's help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts