Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
She was quiet...almost shy....pretty but with no real strength. Then I took her to the small Texas town of Pflugerville and introduced her to Johnny Cheese. In one long day she changed soooo much. Now she growls and demands(that's right twist it some more). Jeez this is too funny! All kidding aside If you are thinking about mods to your stock bike-pipes-power commander- air kit , you really should spend the extra time and money to have your bike custom mapped and dynotuned. My bike gained 13 H.P. and 7 ft/lbs of torque. Johnny Cheese works alone in a very small shop and does all the work himself, I could not be more pleased with the results! The thunder air kit does not interfere with my leg, the V&H propipe is NOT too loud. And the power commander works great, I will give a more detailed post later, right now I just want to ride.
Lonestar

·
Registered
837 Posts
well it looks like you finally got some days off to go get it done....tell me more :wink: see you later... 8)

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
re

:lol: :lol: don't know about JC's effect on the ladies but he sure
knows his way around a vulcan :lol:

great setup - get to ridin' :wink:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Still out riding? :D

Did you do all the mods at once- take em down to JC and have him do it all for you? When I have some money again I'd like to get a custom map for mine too :twisted: So those gains you listed were modded pre/post custom map or is it stock vs whole shibang?

Hope you get back soon so you can give us that update. =P

Phatboy

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mods to 1500 classic

Phatboy,
It's been a week now since I got back from Johnny Cheese's shop in Pflugerville. I've been putting an ave. of 100 miles a day on my bike and I really love the change in the whole attitude of the bike. I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can. First thing we did was to run the bike on the dyno completely stock, then with pipes on then with thunder air kit added and finally with the power commander set in the "stock" setting. It was interesting to see and hear the changes in the bike as it was being tuned, and you really get to see first hand just how much difference it makes to have a custom map made for your bike. Johnny incourages you to stay in the shop and watch the process so you will see for yourself the different adjustments and fine tuning of the power commander. On the day we did my bike it got up to 107 degrees in the shop, definetly not a good day to dynotune a bike we would take breaks between runs to allow the bike(and ourselves) to cool down. Another really good thing about the way Johnny treats you is that he's not through until you are 100% happy with the way the bike runs, he told me to go for aride and try everything I could on the bike to get it to backfire or any other bad habit I could think of , he said just to remember the speed & the gear I was in and he could adjust it. I went for a 30 minute ride and found nothing at all to complain about, the bike is MUCH more responsive all through the power band runs somewhat cooler(the fan still comes on in stop & go traffic but not as much as it did (its been in the mid 90's all week and humid as hell). The thunder air kit is really the way to go on these bikes...it does not interfere with your leg at all and you can really hear your bike suck air when you hit yhe throttle. The V&H propipe is not loud at all at any steady speed, in fact at 70 mph I can hear the wind and can hear myself clearly in my fullface helmet. On my 800 with cobra slashcuts at 70 mph all you could hear was a roar (headache inducing- not fun after 60 miles). When I was leaving Johnny gave me a floppy disk with my custom map and a master copy of my final dyno run , it was a hands on type experiance that most shops don't allow and a chance to pick the brain of one of the true pioneers in tuning fuel injected bikes. If you do go to Johnny Cheese Performace Center you will be very pleased with the results.......tell him Donnie said hello and thanks!
Lonestar

1 - 5 of 5 Posts