1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
IBA#34418
6,332 Posts
yeah #2 is what I have been using now for 6000 miles. So far its been fine! And saves me tons of money. 2.5gallon jug at walmart for 27 bucks. I couldn't get 3 quarts of Amsoil for that.

·
My hat is made of tinfoil
20,826 Posts
I use the 15w40 Rotella, very good stuff.

·
Registered
10,122 Posts
34000 miles on Rotella T Synthetic 5W40 & Pure One oil filter. I change oil & filter every 3000 whether it needs it or not. Bike runs great w/no problems! I'm sold!

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
34000 miles on Rotella T Synthetic 5W40 & Pure One oil filter. I change oil & filter every 3000 whether it needs it or not. Bike runs great w/no problems! I'm sold!
Why do you run synthetic if you change every 3k miles? Synthetic is supposed to live longer than dino oil, right? Kawa recommends changing dino oil every3k.

·
Registered
119 Posts
T6 5W40 here with a Bosch 3323 oil filter. I change mine every 5,000 miles.

·
900 LT
1,135 Posts
I use Rotella 15w40, best oil i have ever used so far.

·
Ride long and prosper
1,487 Posts
I run the T6. I also change every 4000. Why so often if I have synthetic oil. Because by 4000 miles it has lost around 20% of its viscosity and I want this machine to last as long as possible. Thus I run synthetic which holds its vicosity longer and I don't run it way out in miles so I get the benifit of that viscosity. In other words If you run syn oil out in high miles before a change you eventually end up in the same place you would have with dino, when??? I dont know and that is the problem because also at soom point I figure thie syn oil sill be below the needed viscosity. I don't want to go there so I just err on the safe side.

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
+1, i change mine every 3000 miles

·
BACK ON TWO WHEELS
13,542 Posts
T6 5W40 syn is awesome and cheaper than Mobile 1 esp @ wally world...many of the ZX14 guys run it!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I priced it last time I was at my (sucky) WM....it's within a couple of dollars of M1 car oil and the same price as Penzoil Platinum. But, the only xW-40 Mobil 1 I'm seeing is High Mileage...is that the only one they make? Penzoil Platinum doesn't have anything xW-40 that I've seen. They also carry NO motorcycle-specific oils, which is actually fine because I'm tired of paying a premium for no good reason.

For some reason, my (sucky) WM lets their shelves dwindle to nothing, and supposedly get oil in every Tuesday. I may go check them out today to see if they REALLY got anything in.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK I changes my oil this morning with the Rotella 15w-40, My vulcan 900 is running so much better, And shift alot better.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Rotella 15-40 Dino Wal-mart $11.50 last time I checked.

·
VN 900 Classtom
1,689 Posts
You guys don't be going to walmart to get the Rotella 15-40. That last one seating inthe shelf has my name on it!! I will give it a try this next weekend coming up. For some reason when I'm looking for a particualr brand they seem to be out of that one ;(

·
Machinist For Sale/Rent
1,234 Posts
Running Rotella 15W-40 now, like how it shifts. I'll probably give T6 a try next OCI.
I run Rotella in everything, my forklift, my F650 w/Cummins, my F250 w/Powerstroke, Yamaha Venture, both my wife's bike and mine. Bikes get oil change/fresh filter every 3k whether they need it or not. Usually can tell a difference when riding first miles on fresh oil, down shift is a little easier.

·
900 Classic
190 Posts
As long as the warranty isn't voided by it should something happen.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I switched to the "T" and immediately noticed smoother shifting.

Also don't get the T5 syn. It has friction modifiers in it. Bad for wet clutches.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts