Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time bike owner so be gentle. Anyone else having an issue down shifting with their Ninja? Probably 2 out 3 time down shifting, I need to release the clutch a little to return the shifter. I guess I can live with it if it is by design. I just dont want there to be a problem and not take it in. Thanks in advance!

Paul

·
Motorcycle Momma
839 Posts
Paul,

Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum. You came to the right place for answers. Got lots of mechanical expertise up here.......I am certain you will have an answer before the day is out.

Post a pic of you and your bike!!!!! Love to see the both of you.

Heather

·
the "fun" guy
32,859 Posts
pjozwiak said:
First time bike owner so be gentle. Anyone else having an issue down shifting with their Ninja? Probably 2 out 3 time down shifting, I need to release the clutch a little to return the shifter. I guess I can live with it if it is by design. I just dont want there to be a problem and not take it in. Thanks in advance!

Paul
Hello and Welcome! :)

I don't own this bike but did find something that may be useful about the subject.

http://www.factorypro.com/products/shift.html

Also....others here who know about this bike and it's personality will come along and offer some good advice.

·
Registered
613 Posts
A friend of mine has an 04 636 and he hasn't complained about any problems. If this is your first bike it is possible that the problem lies in your technique? I would get someone with a little more experience to give a second opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I had a problem when shifting into grear. on the zx-6 pull in the clutch 3mm.
When I pulled the clutch all the way it wouldnot go into gear.
This might help
later stathe 6R

·
Registered
88 Posts
I had a problem with shifting on my 2001 6R once and it was due to dirt at the pivot point.

I explained the symptoms to the dealer and they said they had an idea what it was (dirt in the bushes), so I took it in and within an hour they had dismantled and cleaned it and put it back together and it's never felt better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts