Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't happen to me. but my friend had a low speed spill on his 250 this afternoon. Shoe lace got loose after riding about 1/2 hr and got stuck in the chain...thank goodness he was going 10-15mph and was wearing all the protective gear... just a mangled ankle.

Thought i'd share.

Suresh
PS. please make sure your shoe laces are on tight.

·
Official BTK Forum Pot Stirrer
37,387 Posts
one reason I wear slipon boots

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Avoid laces if possible, if not take the time to tuck them in.

A more common problem with riders with laces is that the laces get caught up on something and when they try to stop they can't get their feet down. Fortunately this usually only causes embarassement and not scars.

Hope you friend gets well soon.

·
Registered
605 Posts
woohoo for chain drive and I always double knot anyways, no matter what type of shoe i'm wearing, guaranteed not to come loose :)

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Flip flops have no laces....

Really though, I've got MC specific boots from teknic, and my regular boots have very short laces. If you laces are long you gotta tuck them in, it'll save you a lot of pain and embarassment.

·
Registered
605 Posts
****, somebody is in a mood, every single new post I see it's ninjagirl with :roll: Everybody stop posting for the next 24-72 hours...

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
NinjaGirl said:
Thats what they make riding boots for!! :roll:
Riders in CA don't even know what a riding boot is let alone a jacket.

This is the tennis shoes/shorts/T-shirt riding captial!

Most of those riders are of course younger and have a big "S" on their chest or feel that they can not afford the gear although they have the latest performance upgrade on their bike.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Stuart said:
****, somebody is in a mood, every single new post I see it's ninjagirl with :roll: Everybody stop posting for the next 24-72 hours...
You notice that she's now a mod that can ban your B&%t.?

·
Registered
605 Posts
yup, I was in a mood last night, and something about the rolling eyes was getting to me last night, that and I got yelled at for giving advice on meeting at a gas station but ken suggested something before it and nothing seemed to happen there...maybe it's because he helped her out but I'm not partial to being separated from a group that has done the same thing

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
Stuart said:
yup, I was in a mood last night, and something about the rolling eyes was getting to me last night, that and I got yelled at for giving advice on meeting at a gas station but ken suggested something before it and nothing seemed to happen there...maybe it's because he helped her out but I'm not partial to being separated from a group that has done the same thing
HUH!, did this make sense to you as you wrote it ? :? :wink:

·
Registered
8,245 Posts
Stuart said:
Didn't get a lick of that one... :?

·
Registered
605 Posts
lol, things are better now, ninja girl is happy and PMin me again so...posts...DELETED :)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts