Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
One of Four
1,231 Posts
It's supposed to be a good helmet. My brother tried one but it didn't fit the shape of his head well, nor did the Nolan 102.

I have the N102. The big thing with most modular helmets is the chin bar seems to be closer than on a regular full face helmet so if you have a oval shaped head you could run into fitment problems with some of the Modular flip up helmets.

·
900 Customer
901 Posts
I want one pretty bad, I'm just not willing to cough up that kind of dough yet. The chin bar does fit a little closer, as is typical for flip ups; but the overall quality of the Shoei puts others to shame.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have the older Shoei Syncrotech and have ignorantly been happy until now. After reading this thread I Googled the Multitech. Haven't tried one on yet, but several of the improvements would be welcomed -- the improved ventilation (more for slow riding in traffic and fogging), the provision for intercoms and the grove for temples of eyeglasses. Not sure about the locking faceplate. I wonder if it's possible to lift the faceplate a crack while riding? I do that now in slow traffic to get more ventilation or when I fog up. Maybe the improved ventilation eliminates that need. At highway speeds (behind a windshield) the Syncrotech has had more than adequate ventilation, even in 114 degrees around Vegas!! It does appear the faceplate on the Multitech is smaller because of the larger ventilation piece at the chin.

I know there's great discussion over the value of a Snell endorsement, but I, personally, would feel more comfortable if Shoei would produce a modular with both the DOT and Snell endorsement.

I normally wear a large, but with the Syncrotech went with an XL. Should have spent a little more time wearing the XL before I bought it. After having it on over 100 miles, I start wishing I had bought an XXL because of the XL's tightness around my ears.

Like I said, I've been very happy with my Syncrotech -- until now!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Does anyone have any experience using the Shoei Multitec Full Face Helmet?

Thanks
Had a Shoei and did not like it from the get go. I now am wearing the old Fulmer Modus and am loving it, have premo sound system in it for my long ride wing and it works great in thisstyle. I have worn Fulmer since they came on the market and have had many pleasent rides wearing them. Good luck on finding the perfect helmet.
OldIron

1 - 5 of 5 Posts