Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any good on line place to buy the Kawi shop manual for my Meanie (04 1600) or should I just go and order it through my local dealer?

Thanks

·
Registered
487 Posts
if you have a good relationship with your dealer they are the best bet.
I picked up a kawa service manual from my dealer for $26, many well spent

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
SHOP MANUAL!!!

C'mon...pay the dealer! When it comes to getting service done on the bike you want it done right. Support the dealerships or we'll be waiting in one big long line in CA where they impotr them at because the dealerships can't make a few bucks on a book. Sorry, IF I'm coming off a little abrasive, especailly when you spend that kind of money on a bike...you want the best. Sure you could beat the price on eBay, but they can't service your bike...I HOPE you understand and are not offended...it's justa' raw spot for me when "Kawi" or even Beartooth Kawasaki, that sponsors this Kawasaki Forum doesn't get a slice for what it provides for us. Besides fun, and an occasional (?) hicup or two, some ruffled feathers, and great (fun) laughs, this is a great place to get wound up, get unwound, or just goof off having fun reading and learning about wierd sounds at 5KRPM, like a loose tool under the seat and not a license plate frame...or, a Kickstand lockout switch (simple) that gets almost looked over...something simple...to Pulling fuses and relpacing them onea at a time...

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No offense taken!!! I couls care less about saving a few bucks on a book, just needed one. As for servicing my bike.......your right I want it done right.......that's why I do my own wrenching!!! Unfortunatly most dealers don't offer the quality service that one would expect for 80$ an hour. Not a flame, just my experience, plus I've been wrenching on stuff since I was a teenager and I kinda like it. There's plenty of non wrenching "squids" out there to keep the dealers afloat........... :wink:

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
CONSUMERS RULE!

Check out SPORT RIDER April 2004 CONSUMERS RULE starting on page 88!!!
I hear you...I have a pad and pencil in my toolbox...after forgetting who last borrowed my 3rd torque wrench. I don't do all that much since I have the "Failed Back Syndrome" (100%SSDI), but I decided the other day that I wanted to try riding when my buddy bought his new Soft-tail...rides nice but my back can't take the upright setting not even for long in the car...then I tried a buddies NINJA 500R...after a cruise to teh end of town and back turned into a 20 minute round trip...and my buddy was frantic, I decided that I want a bike for "Therapy!" I don't have much feeling from the feet or legs, and I suppose that someday as the scar tissue continues it's thing I will lose total feeling ALL of the time. It's cool with "ghost-legs and feet", but the back pain is unreal! So I'm goint to rebuild/re-asssemble several parts that are broken on a 2002 Kawasaki EX250 with 1028 miles on it...$1625.00 after taxes...from OZ Cycle Salvage in Ottawa, KS...785-242-0600. I learned SCUBA while I was in the Navy for 20 years, had lots of fun at different commands with different type bikes..but never made the "JUMP" with a chute...missed the chance several times...but love to watch it... CONGRATULATIONS on the BIKE!!!

·
Registered
613 Posts
Re: SHOP MANUAL!!!

ZX-2R said:
C'mon...pay the dealer! When it comes to getting service done on the bike you want it done right. Support the dealerships or we'll be waiting in one big long line in CA where they impotr them at because the dealerships can't make a few bucks on a book. Sorry, IF I'm coming off a little abrasive, especailly when you spend that kind of money on a bike...you want the best. Sure you could beat the price on eBay, but they can't service your bike...I HOPE you understand and are not offended...it's justa' raw spot for me when "Kawi" or even Beartooth Kawasaki, that sponsors this Kawasaki Forum doesn't get a slice for what it provides for us. Besides fun, and an occasional (?) hicup or two, some ruffled feathers, and great (fun) laughs, this is a great place to get wound up, get unwound, or just goof off having fun reading and learning about wierd sounds at 5KRPM, like a loose tool under the seat and not a license plate frame...or, a Kickstand lockout switch (simple) that gets almost looked over...something simple...to Pulling fuses and relpacing them onea at a time...
What's wrong with saving a few bucks? I price parts at a dealer first, and then I look around. If it's something I can't wait for I will bite the bullet and pay dealer price. I know that dealers don't regulate part prices, but they do jack up the price on merchandise. At least the one by my house does. example: I was looking to buy a front fork stand for my bike so I could get the front wheel off. I told the parts dude that I wasn't going to spend $160 for a front stand. Without hesitation he said that he could knock 10% off the sticker. That would barely cover the tax so it really wasn't saving me too much money in the end, but if they could knock off 10% and still make a profit (that's the goal of a business and I don't have a problem with that) why not save everyone the 10%? I found the same front stand for $40 cheaper online. The online store (CalSportbike) has to make a profit too, but their price started well below what the dealer was asking. My take on the whole deal: SUPPORT YOURSELF!!!!! Save money whenever and however you can.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got one from Beartooth. My local dealer didn't have any so I had to order one anyway. Might as well get it from the folks that support the website, nice folks too!! If I need more OEM parts, I know where to call from now on.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
PARTS R Parts

I Just received my Kawasaki Manuals! Beartooth took (15% off) and I was surprised that They had already figured it into the price...(Before I asked for it...) and IF I had the chance to visit them I would be happy to pay their prices. Some dealers, are right on spot with your needs, some are paying some VERY steep Overheads including Property Taxes (especially in Kansas). I did pay my dealership a visit today and I will return. I would prefer a speciality shop (100% Kawasaki), but this shop sells Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki...everything from 2004 brand new Motorcycles, used bikes that are in great shape, (MSF/used bikes), watercraft, ATV's,...dirt bikes...and all sorts of equipment on the showroom floor! Beartooth Kawasaki not only did the Discount but their delivery date of about 12-18 days was a big cushion...It's seems so nice to get things for a bike earlier (sooner-than-later) than expected. IF YOU HAVE NOT MADE THE CALL TO BEARTOOTH...MAKE ONE! I hope that you are as tickled and excited as I am about not only their Complete Knowledge and thourough (I hope that is spelled right), as in complete again, questioning and asking you and helping you to order only what you really need. Nice people to do business with.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts