Kawasaki Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ushi-san
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw this video on youtube of a chick test riding a 2008 ZX-10R. I looked up the seat height for the bike and it's 32.7 inches. In the video, she said she was only 5'4." This just goes to show you that if you're experienced enough, being short shouldn't be a problem on a tall bike. Is there anyone out there that are inseam challenged like me but still ride a tall bike (not lowered)? If so, do you have any particular problems coming to a stop or mounting it? I just want to read about other short peoples' experiences with tall bikes.

·
Ushi-san
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Maybe I should start off haha.
At red lights, I stand the bike up with one leg sometimes with a tip-toe, and I get a charlie horse. =( For those of you who don't know, it's when your muscle knots up and gets really tense and it's really painful. I've gotten used to this, but starting on hills used to be a problem for me because i'd need to keep my right foot on the brake and hold the bike up with my left leg. The bike would still be leaning over to the left and made starting really hard. Other than those, I don't think I've had too much problem with a tall bike.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
I'm 5'4" and planning on a KLR650 or WR250X for my next bike. I'm not inseam challenged though, with something like a 30-31" inseam. but its ALL about how you position yourself, and use your body to your advantage.

I just keep my right foot on the peg and cover the rear brake, while shifting my body to the left and putting that foot on the ground to hold the bike up. no problems yet.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm 5'4". On my bike my feet sit just planted on the floor, with just a slight bend in my knee (very slight). The only thing that sucks about it is that it's very hard for me to get the bike on it's center stand when I need to, and depending on the street surface and angle it can be hard to move the bike backwards.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The only thing that sucks about it is that it's very hard for me to get the bike on it's center stand when I need to, and depending on the street surface and angle it can be hard to move the bike backwards.
I"ve got a trick for this. holding the bike upright, get the centerstand to JUST touch so you know both feet are on the ground, then use your right hand to grab the left rear peg and pull up and back while pulling the handlebar back at the same time. seems to work well for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I"ve got a trick for this. holding the bike upright, get the centerstand to JUST touch so you know both feet are on the ground, then use your right hand to grab the left rear peg and pull up and back while pulling the handlebar back at the same time. seems to work well for me.
Thanks I'll give that a shot next time. It seems to always be a nightmare for me. I assume this means you are not on the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts